NOLA Cruise?

I have been to Mardi Gras, but I have never taken a cruise out of NOLA. My question is - what is it like to cruise out NOLA? Meaning scenery, cruising down the MS river.

Should we cruise in the summer months when the sun is up longer or does it not make any difference? I am looking at a cruise in December, but if I need to go in the summer, that can be arrange also.....

Thanks!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1211622

This is a good read, from the New Orleans board.

Cruising down the river to the gulf is a great part of the cruise, especially during the first couple of hours. Daylight saving time ends in early November, so December would not be good. It will be dark just about the time the ship sails.

I think you should join one of my cruises coming up ! :D I am going this September 18th and and again for Mardi Gras Feb.19th of 2012. This is the NCL Spirit out of New Orleans. This will be my fifth and sixth time on that ship. I love that ship and will miss it when it leaves next April. :( The Star will be taking it's olace and that ship will be ok too. I went to Alaska on the Star, so I am familiar with it.

Archived