arrive at pier between 1:30-3:30

I received an automated call from Carnival the other day and the message was cut off on my voicemail, but my friend that I am cruising with said they called her as well. The message said to arrive at the port between 1:30 and 3:30. We are going on the Valor (our of Miami). We have never gotten a call like this and usually get to the pier much earlier than this. Has anyone ever gotten this call before??

I received an automated call from Carnival the other day and the message was cut off on my voicemail, but my friend that I am cruising with said they called her as well. The message said to arrive at the port between 1:30 and 3:30. We are going on the Valor (our of Miami). We have never gotten a call like this and usually get to the pier much earlier than this. Has anyone ever gotten this call before??

Yes, some get that call. They just dont want everyone showing up early. You can still arrive at the time you planned.

If everyone arrived at 1:30-3:30 things would truly be backed up.

Also I think they say that so people can go straight to their cabins and not complain about having to wait until 1:30.

Thanks for the responses! We usually arrive about 11:00 and it seems to work well, except for on our last cruise we waited quite a while. We will plan on arriving around that same time then. I just wanted to make sure that they weren't going to make us wait to start checking in until 1:30 or anything like that.

Thanks for the responses! We usually arrive about 11:00 and it seems to work well, except for on our last cruise we waited quite a while. We will plan on arriving around that same time then. I just wanted to make sure that they weren't going to make us wait to start checking in until 1:30 or anything like that.

No, you wont get held up..

Just a guess they might pick people that are within driving distance and tell them to arrive later.

On two cruises I received such a call.

I as a rule arrive either very early around 10:45 a.m. or about 1:15 p.m. (my normal arrival time). This way I don't have a long wait getting on the ship and enjoying the Lido before it's packed.

Archived