Long Beach Port Arrival

Nicalewi

You can check in as early as 9:30 outside the Dome. I think the Dome doesn't open until 11am or so.

If you are driving in and parking at the pier be warned that Long Beach charges by the day and hour. If you arrive Sunday at 9:30 and debark at 10a you will be charged the extra time. Voice of Experience.

here is a slightly different view than most seem to have regarding the boarding process. we have cruised out of long beach with carnival twice. the first time it was just my wife and i . we took the position that we were not going to rush to the port to stand in line to board. we ejoyed a relaxing morning around the pool at our hotel (hotel current). we watched the hotel shuttle cram full of people every half hour starting first thing in the am. meanwhile we had the entire pool deck area at the hotel to ourselves. we caught the 1pm shuttle with one other couple for a stress free ride to the carnival dome. when we arrived the was almost no crowd. we walked right inside and straight up to a check-in agent who had us checked in and on our way up the ramp to the ship in minutes. we walked right onto the ship with no waiting. as we walked on the ship we were told that we could go straight to our cabin if we desired since it was all ready for us. the whole process was so relaxing and free of crowds. our first 2 days were sea days that gave us plenty of time to check out the ship.

our second cruise was with a group of friends (14 in the group). because of the size of our group we took the position that we needed to get to the port early. the reselt was alot more crowd fighting and standing in lines.also, cabins were not ready when we got on the ship. with kids who wnated to swim that meant having to change clothes without the benefit of a cabin. it we did it again ithink we would take our time getting to the ship again and enjoy the luxury of not having to rush. just my personal experience.

Definitely with you R&Rfraz! What's the rush? As long as you get on before it leaves ... :p

I, too, say have a nice relaxed morning. Explore a little Long Beach or just lounge in bed with the paper. Divine!:D

here is a slightly different view than most seem to have regarding the boarding process. we have cruised out of long beach with carnival twice. the first time it was just my wife and i . we took the position that we were not going to rush to the port to stand in line to board. we ejoyed a relaxing morning around the pool at our hotel (hotel current). we watched the hotel shuttle cram full of people every half hour starting first thing in the am. meanwhile we had the entire pool deck area at the hotel to ourselves. we caught the 1pm shuttle with one other couple for a stress free ride to the carnival dome. when we arrived the was almost no crowd. we walked right inside and straight up to a check-in agent who had us checked in and on our way up the ramp to the ship in minutes. we walked right onto the ship with no waiting. as we walked on the ship we were told that we could go straight to our cabin if we desired since it was all ready for us. the whole process was so relaxing and free of crowds. our first 2 days were sea days that gave us plenty of time to check out the ship.

I totally agree with this. Our two cruises so far out of long beach have consisted of us getting to the port at around noon, dropping our luggage off and then spending meandering over to the Queen Mary Bar to spend a couple hours then board. It's become a tradition, and something that I absolutely love doing with my husband.

Archived