public transportation

dgack1

Does anyone know? Are you talking about the vans? :)

Yes, the vans...My son wants to see the turtle farm and I hate to pay for a "tour" of it. It would be much easiler to catch the "van" ourselves.

Is the public transportation system easy to use? If I use it to get to the turtle farm, can I also use it to get from the turtle farm to 7 mile beach? And then back again? I want to take a tour that swims with the stingrays, snorkles at a reef, and then I want to go by myself to the turtle farm and 7 mile beach.

Thanks.

Not sure which stingray/snorkel tour you are going to take, but you might see if for a few bucks they would drop you off at the turtle farm and then start you way back from there.

There is a bus stop at Marriott Courtyard on 7 mile beach.

From 7 mile beach to the tender piers is $2.50 bus fare or $4.00 taxi fare - both per person. I took a taxi.

It depends on how many ships are in port and other factors as to timing, but when I was there last week, traffic was nuts (8 ships in port). I wouldn't cut things too close trying to get back if you are in a similar situation. It was a little unusual for me because I was there on Thursday before Easter. Not only all the cruise ship passengers, but a number of land based ones + lots of locals trying to get shopping done before Easter.

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure which stingray tour I am going to take, either. One of them from Native Way Watersports says they can drop you off at Seven Mile Beach if you want, but then I would need to get from there to the turtle farm and back. Is that difficult?

It looks as though we are the only ship in port that day. Hopefully this is true.

Thanks again.

I was just on Nativeway last week and Marriott Courtyard (the old Holiday Inn) is where they dropped me off. They have their own beach and is just north of and adjacent to Sea Grape. Will be posting pictures as time permits. I know there is a bus stop headed back to town there and assume there is one going the other way.

I wouldn't think it would be difficult at all - especially with only one ship in port. Lucky you!

Archived