How updated are the cabins on Destiny?

betmar8694

Love this thread, especially since I cruise the Destiny several times a year. The reason I like it best is, that it always generates threads like this and the same people bash it every time. Booking under ES I can count on CC to get me a ton of ES OBC.

I sailed the Destiny 6 times last year and already 3 times this year. Thanks to CC, I sail with mega discounts. I am sailing again in August and if this thread keeps going like it is, I can look forward to as much ES OBC as I received last time they ran this thread and it caused people to cancel.

I just can't bring myself to post anything neg, most of this stuff is typical CC hate posts. I for one, love the negative posts even if they are highly inaccurate - that means, less bookings and lower fares for me.

So keep this thread going, it is money in the bank for me.

Great cruising on the Destiny, but shhhh, don't tell anyone..:p

as we leave on her on thursday i will check it out and give a quick reply on how she looks and service. We have never done a 4 day, and it is the weekend, so we are expecting somewhat of a rowdy crowd.....but i can slyly point and laugh just as well as the next person so i'm not too worried :)

Its actually 5 days and rowdy?? We couldnt believe how Quiet it was persay and yes we went christmas week...

Love this thread, especially since I cruise the Destiny several times a year. The reason I like it best is, that it always generates threads like this and the same people bash it every time. Booking under ES I can count on CC to get me a ton of ES OBC.

I sailed the Destiny 6 times last year and already 3 times this year. Thanks to CC, I sail with mega discounts. I am sailing again in August and if this thread keeps going like it is, I can look forward to as much ES OBC as I received last time they ran this thread and it caused people to cancel.

I just can't bring myself to post anything neg, most of this stuff is typical CC hate posts. I for one, love the negative posts even if they are highly inaccurate - that means, less bookings and lower fares for me.

Love this :) Im glad you get some good rates....Living in an hour from Miami Port does have its advantages :)

Don't let what sharecruiser says disturb you. She had a bad cruise on Destiny a few years ago[seems like 10!!:rolleyes:] and has been ranting ever since. I've no doubt there were problems but the negativity that spews from her when the Destiny comes up is a little much.

Pat

I agree with you :) to the Poster leaving on July 11th Please Dont worry!! We had a huge group near us for dinner every night and boy were they having a great time had to be about 55 of them and there weren't any issues there.. We saw them quiet frequently on the ship...Trust me I about Cried when I read the reviews and by the time we were ready to Dock back in Miami we were booking another Cruise on the Liberty...But living in South Florida I would def cruise the Destiny Again!! there are a few negatives but certainly not enough to warrant a Rant from some posters...They didnt have a good experience well just dont travel on an older ship with a "group" then....its ok because Carnival has lots of other groups that sail...anyway...Again you go and have a great time and report back :)

Happy Crusin

I agree with you :) to the Poster leaving on July 11th Please Dont worry!! We had a huge group near us for dinner every night and boy were they having a great time had to be about 55 of them and there weren't any issues there.. We saw them quiet frequently on the ship...Trust me I about Cried when I read the reviews and by the time we were ready to Dock back in Miami we were booking another Cruise on the Liberty...But living in South Florida I would def cruise the Destiny Again!! there are a few negatives but certainly not enough to warrant a Rant from some posters...They didnt have a good experience well just dont travel on an older ship with a "group" then....its ok because Carnival has lots of other groups that sail...anyway...Again you go and have a great time and report back :)

Happy Crusin

Well maybe that group had group seating...not 2 and 4 tops....

I found more than a few negatives

You can't argue with statistics anyhow....there are simply a LOT more people and a LOT less space in the lido buffet area.....NOT many alternatives...no steakhouse....no "upstairs" restaurant (fish/chips)....more people with less buffet space than on the Fantasy class ships

Just about the oldest cabins in the fleet....most all the Fantasy class ships have been redone and look brand new...flat screens, new bathrooms

Destiny is probably a bit better than the 2 night Celebration LOL>> that is about the best I could say for it. NONE of the junk posted here will change my mind....I disliked the ship the first time but reluctantly went on it again due to what some group members wanted...now they never want to be on Destiny again. People who sailed on Destiny and hated it loved the Glory a few months later

IMHO Destiny is the worst ship in the fleet....no serenity deck....crowded buffet....I don't know how the staff is on it now, that can be luck of the draw. I find it pretty funny that the much touted "remake" is apparently not going to happen in January 2012. Maybe they will wise up and sell it off or put in off on one of their other criuiselines ??

ROFLOL>>> I guess you come over from Italy to get on this old ship>??

and while you are on it 6 times a year you never post about it, but you do have many threads about the transatlantic Magic sailing etc

haha

I don't know why people would want to try to influence others to get something really substandard...I feel the Destiny "product" is substandard

and I have more than explained why

For those who deny it ....think of me when you are standing there and the line goes out to the pool area from the lido buffet....and the phones don't work , and room service never comes

Have been on the Destiny 5 times. Booked 6th cruise on Destiny for May 2012. Last 3 have been in aft wrap around cabin 6373. Love the ship. You will have a great time. Remember you can't please all the people all the time. Enjoy your cruise.

ROFLOL>>> I guess you come over from Italy to get on this old ship>??

and while you are on it 6 times a year you never post about it, but you do have many threads about the transatlantic Magic sailing etc

haha

I don't know why people would want to try to influence others to get something really substandard...I feel the Destiny "product" is substandard

and I have more than explained why

For those who deny it ....think of me when you are standing there and the line goes out to the pool area from the lido buffet....and the phones don't work , and room service never comes

Actually I am a lawyer and Italy has a very slow legal system with many breaks. I fly back and forth, and the Destiny is a quick 4 or 5 day getaway that is a good price thanks to all the bad reviews. The courts in Italy are pretty much closed during the month of August (as is everything else pretty much) I just get on the Destiny and it is great, there are always cabins available, even very close to sailing. The Destiny does short cruises and has balconies, unlike the other limited smaller ships that do short cruises.

I mostly read on CC, except for the TA roll call, I rarely join them. I would quickly get into trouble as "armchair lawyers" with access to Google to quickly search for legal stuff and then post inaccuracies all over CC.

Lawyers are smart enough to charge for their services - I am certainly not giving legal advice for free, hence I do not despute posts. Today I am sitting in a very small airport in NY waiting for my flight - completely bored and CC is making the time go faster..;)

Not a few years ago...last October, Oct 28 2010

why do you care what I post?? I see a lot of bad reviews about Destiny

some people put down Carnival as a whole....some call it "Walmart of the Seas" or whatever...I don't do that. I do post facts about what I consider to be Carnival's worst ship.

and you can't argue the stats.....the size of the lido buffet vs the amount of passengers

I am posting facts.

WOW! Just last Oct.? Feels like 10 years LOL!! I really don't care what you post-find you a little entertaining at times. Other people write their review-good or bad-and then move on. I don't think you will ever let go of this one.

pat

I hope I can help others to make an informed decision

read the reviews....many one and two stars...many complain of the lines and yes the "smell" and the substandard cabins

the majority of the high rated reviews are like "first timer had great cruise"..."economical cruise for family"...."first time cruisers loved destiny"

if you don't know any better then it might be ok

some people enjoy a great family vacation at a motel 6

I do find it sad when people dismiss Carnival as a whole after having a bad time on Destiny...every other Carnival ship I have been on is much much better

I also find it kind of sad and "weird" that the internet and these boards has people who keep trying to find a positive review to shore up their choice

I have seen this on the excursions board and the cruiseline boards

like "Oh I am so glad you have a positive review, cause most are negative and I was getting worried"...or "does anyone have a positive review"??

or "thanks for your positive review, you seem like the type of person to make lemonade out of lemons"

ummm.....when there are a lot of negatives ...put your thinking cap on...maybe there is a real reason for them????

Granted some of my problems centered around the horrible "group" staff and horrible management....however.....that had nothing to do with the shabby bathroom, the horrible big tv that barely worked plopped on the desk, the unusable phone....the crowded noisy lido buffet, the piles of dirty dishes on the tables, move them yourself to find a seat...and so on

the "bedding" was fine...the shows and bands were good to ok....

MY serivce in dining room was beyond horrible....that might differ

but nothing changes the fact that the passenger to spce ratio in the lido buffet is the very very worst on Destiny

even the "positiive" reviews say "we ate breakfast in the dining room" and /or "we avoided the lines by eating in the dining room and room service"

with NO "upstairs" food area and only 2 lines..Destiny has a horrible line problem..

similar buffet set up has 1000 less people on Fantasy ships

The Conquest class ships have the same approx amount of people as Destiny BUT 4 buffet lines PLUS upstairs fish and chips

do the math

One set of the Night Owl cabins are on Deck 6, between the two set of stairs. They are positioned directly above the Point After Dance Club.

For a while, on some deck plans, they were not shown since they had to be sorta "force booked".

If you look at the ship plans from the current on-line brochure for the Caribbean 2010-2012, you will see that Destiny has the category: NO (Night Owl). Only the 1As are lower in category. They are deck 6 interior rooms right above the Point After Dance Club.

Thanks guys...over the disco, makes sense. The poster seemed to assert that they were "near" the disco, as in next to or on the same floor, etc.

some people put down Carnival as a whole....some call it "Walmart of the Seas" or whatever...I don't do that. I do post facts about what I consider to be Carnival's worst ship.

and you can't argue the stats.....the size of the lido buffet vs the amount of passengers

I am posting facts.

BLAH BLAH BLAH repetitive! Reading through this blog & been on the Destiny myself! Stop repeating yourself! The ship is not a floating rust bucket like you think it is! THE VICTORY & TRIUMPH ARE IN THE SAME CLASS WITH AN ADDED DECK OF CABINS FACT! I also went on the VICTORY same buffet with a diff. theme no food upstairs either & they both were JUST FINE! Eating at peak times will draw a crowd NO MATTER WHAT SHIP OR CRUISELINE YOUR ON, FACT!! Living in vegas during PEAK TIMES BUFFET LINES ARE OVER AN HOUR LONG! LINES HAPPEN GET USE TO IT, or eat a little off peak like i do & avoid the lines as i do on ALL the ships i've been on & THE BUFFET is NOT the size of the FANTASY CLASS ships, FACT!

BLAH BLAH BLAH repetitive! Reading through this blog & been on the Destiny myself! Stop repeating yourself! The ship is not a floating rust bucket like you think it is! THE VICTORY & TRIUMPH ARE IN THE SAME CLASS WITH AN ADDED DECK OF CABINS FACT! I also went on the VICTORY almost the same buffet! & It is NOT the size of the FANTASY CLASS ships, FACT!

blah blah blah....this is a message board not a blog. I never said it was a floating rust bucket. I do say that Destiny might be the worst ship in the fleet and the reviews and others bear me out. Hey some people enjoy a vacation at a Motel 6 or whatever.....pick and choose. I think there are many choices better than Destiny.

blah blah blah....this is a message board not a blog. I never said it was a floating rust bucket. I do say that Destiny might be the worst ship in the fleet and the reviews and others bear me out. Hey some people enjoy a vacation at a Motel 6 or whatever.....pick and choose. I think there are many choices better than Destiny.

Well by how negative debbie downer your posts makes the Destiny sound like its a rust bucket! Just because your screaming the loudest on here doesn't mean the ship is in such bad disrepair as you say it is & the FLAWS are not NEARLY as BAD as you put it! & im not one to vaca. in a motel 6! Most people who vaca. in a motel 6 DONT CRUISE just saying! Have a good week!

Well maybe that group had group seating...not 2 and 4 tops....

I found more than a few negatives

You can't argue with statistics anyhow....there are simply a LOT more people and a LOT less space in the lido buffet area.....NOT many alternatives...no steakhouse....no "upstairs" restaurant (fish/chips)....more people with less buffet space than on the Fantasy class ships

Just about the oldest cabins in the fleet....most all the Fantasy class ships have been redone and look brand new...flat screens, new bathrooms

Destiny is probably a bit better than the 2 night Celebration LOL>> that is about the best I could say for it. NONE of the junk posted here will change my mind....I disliked the ship the first time but reluctantly went on it again due to what some group members wanted...now they never want to be on Destiny again. People who sailed on Destiny and hated it loved the Glory a few months later

IMHO Destiny is the worst ship in the fleet....no serenity deck....crowded buffet....I don't know how the staff is on it now, that can be luck of the draw. I find it pretty funny that the much touted "remake" is apparently not going to happen in January 2012. Maybe they will wise up and sell it off or put in off on one of their other criuiselines ??

You know what?? Some people just dont care...that is the bottom line...No flat TV's?? my kids could care less when they were in the room which was only to sleep... Serenity Deck not a big deal for us...and im sorry but alot of your "issues" are really not that big of a deal...I think this thread is just about where it needs to go...the only time we do "buffet is if we are sitting at the pool" otherwise we dine in the Main Dining Rooms, which maybe you should have done if the buffet was such a problem...our cruise in Dec was sold out and the lines were no big deal people werent waiting forever so I dont know what to tell you...

I am posting facts.

Again I will say this: we had a full ship, Christmas Week and NO ONE was complaining I love to observe people and let me say you just an issue with this ship and your entilted to "your" opinion HOWEVER there are people like US who really had a great time it was extremely memorable for our family and It really just gets me... Its ok to have a "bad" experience as I think we all have them one time or another, But your unreal....

Sharecruises, if you just reported the facts then I would have 3 less posts for a total of 7 and you would have about 2400 less posts for a total of about 50. Just because others don't have the same experience as you does not mean that yours are facts and they are just uninformed peasants who don't know any better.

Sharecruises, if you just reported the facts then I would have 3 less posts for a total of 7 and you would have about 2400 less posts for a total of about 50. Just because others don't have the same experience as you does not mean that yours are facts and they are just uninformed peasants who don't know any better.

You may not have many posts . . . but this one is a "keeper". :)

BLAH BLAH BLAH repetitive! Reading through this blog & been on the Destiny myself! Stop repeating yourself! The ship is not a floating rust bucket like you think it is! THE VICTORY & TRIUMPH ARE IN THE SAME CLASS WITH AN ADDED DECK OF CABINS FACT! I also went on the VICTORY same buffet with a diff. theme no food upstairs either & they both were JUST FINE! Eating at peak times will draw a crowd NO MATTER WHAT SHIP OR CRUISELINE YOUR ON, FACT!! Living in vegas during PEAK TIMES BUFFET LINES ARE OVER AN HOUR LONG! LINES HAPPEN GET USE TO IT, or eat a little off peak like i do & avoid the lines as i do on ALL the ships i've been on & THE BUFFET is NOT the size of the FANTASY CLASS ships, FACT!

I'm going on the Destiny in November and sharecruises's posts scared me! But you are right about Victory and Triumph. They look like they have the same Grand Buffet area as the Destiny, but have almost a thousand more passenger capacity.

Not sure what all the fuss is about!!! The ship was very clean and our cabin was spotless. The food was excellent as usual. We had no issues at the Lido buffet. We love to cruise and see the ports, hang out of sea days and enjoy being away.

No ship is perfect; it is all in what you make out of your cruise!!!

There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with the Destiny! I am surprised to hear some of these bad comments - guess it depends on each individual's experience onboard in relation to their expectations.

I did a b2b on the Destiny a few months ago and had a fabulous time - no real issues to report, no big lines or problems! (see my review with pics/details in link below near my signature). I would not hesitate to cruise the Destiny again! :D

There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with the Destiny! I am surprised to hear some of these bad comments - guess it depends on each individual's experience onboard in relation to their expectations.

I did a b2b on the Destiny a few months ago and had a fabulous time - no real issues to report, no big lines or problems! (see my review with pics/details in link below near my signature). I would not hesitate to cruise the Destiny again! :D

Glad to hear that everything is ok with the Destiny,we booked the Destiny for next year,i was thinking about maybe changing to a different ship because of the bad reviews,i remember reading your review it was very exciting,i think i'll keep my plans and try the destiny for myself.;)

I'm going on the Destiny in November and sharecruises's posts scared me! But you are right about Victory and Triumph. They look like they have the same Grand Buffet area as the Destiny, but have almost a thousand more passenger capacity.

Please dont let the posts scare you. There are many good reviews as well, please see Froufies and Swimom. I will be on the Destiny in Sept and plan on writing a review too.

Its actually 5 days and rowdy?? We couldnt believe how Quiet it was persay and yes we went christmas week...

i'm not certain i understand? Are you saying that you did a 5 day, or that my cruise is a 5 day? Either way, it is good to hear it was quiet.....we heard that anything less than a 7 day that covers a weekend on carnival is a bunch of obnoxious drunks......this came from a TA, so we were a little uneasy booking it, but i'm sure we can find some fun, even if they are there.

Sharecruises is always "passionate" of her dislike of the destiny....or any other of her dislikes. Take her comments with a grain of salt. It's a shame because she gets so worked up and starts attacking. She apparently lives somewhere in south florida as do I.....Whenever i'm out and see someone verbally attacking another....i always wonder if it's her.:rolleyes:

Add yet another positive vote for the Destiny. Everyone's experience is different. I would never, ever allow an over the top negative (or glowing, for that matter) review sway how I'd feel about a ship.

Things can go wrong for sure and sadly that is what seemed to happen to one person on this thread. By no means does it make it a fact for everyone.

Archived