Anyone with Toddler experience in Bermuda

sadiwest

I tried the BDA board with no luck. Someone suggested asking here:

Can anyone tell me what the Bermuda laws are regarding infants (under 2 yrs old) riding in taxis?

Specifically, we'll have her car seat with us...I'd PREFER to have her safely buckled into it in a cab (obviously if we take a bus that's not an option), but don't want to carry it around. That being said...I just want to know what the law is (certain kind of seat? Rear facing? Front facing? etc).

Thanks in advance!

Sandi

I was in Bermuda a few weeks ago. And I am one of the car seat zealots on this Family Board. :D;) But after visiting Bermuda I can tell you that the EASIEST form of transportation and probably the safest (after seeing the way the taxis drive) is the public bus/ferry system.

The bus/ferry pass is $12/day (CASH!) and $20 for 2 days. I would never plan a taxi for my kids in Bermuda. The taxi/ferry system is just too easy and seem to be a very safe alternative. :)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Everything is pretty fresh in my mind. ;)

I was in Bermuda a few weeks ago. And I am one of the car seat zealots on this Family Board. :D;) But after visiting Bermuda I can tell you that the EASIEST form of transportation and probably the safest (after seeing the way the taxis drive) is the public bus/ferry system.

The bus/ferry pass is $12/day (CASH!) and $20 for 2 days. I would never plan a taxi for my kids in Bermuda. The taxi/ferry system is just too easy and seem to be a very safe alternative. :)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Everything is pretty fresh in my mind. ;)

Thank you.

We've been to BDA several times (this is the first time with a child) and love the public transportation. However, we're also going to be with two other people who do not wish to take busses. They're in charge, pretty much, so a cab it is on the one day we'll sightsee together. :)

Thanks for the input.

The bus is tough if you are at all prone to motion sickness (winding roads). I almost had to have the bus pull over on the way from the airport to the hotel. After that ride we took taxis!

Archived