Ghost (or open) Booking?

Hate 2 W8t

I think this is what we did on our last Island Princess cruise. What you do is put down a minimal downpayment, I think it was $100 against the fact that you agree to schedule a cruise with Princess in the next 4 years. In return the cruise line agrees to give you an amount of cruise credit to be spent on that future cruise which depends on how many days the future cruise is going to be. As long as you want to cruise on a line again sometime in the next few years all you are losingf control of is relatively small amount of money until you book the cruise and then that becomes the down payment for that future cruise and you get your cruise credit to spend on the trip.

Does that make any sense?

If so have a great next cruise.

It is for a future booking that you do not know when you want to go but you want to cruise later. I did this. I told the Future Consaultant that I would like to cruise sometime later. I put down $100.00 dollars. This became the down payment in full when I decided on the cruise (with the same line). I went to my TA with the piece of paper (very important as this tells him/her that you already have a booking number). They book what I wanted with that number. When my docs came it showed a credit of $50.00. I only went for 7 days and in inside cabin. Depending on length of cruise and cabin type for the credit. On Princess, you have 4 years to decide, the date is on that piece of paper, if you can't go for some reason, you can cancel and and get your money back before the dead line. The credit is good for anything on board.

Archived