Trip Report : Back from Alaska

Libbywithnall

We had a fabulous time in Alaska - loved the people, the animals and the stunning scenery. We saw and did so much in just over 2 weeks. I blogged the whole time we're away.

You can read about our motorhome trip starting here.

http://libby.withnall.com/2011/06/10/usa-day-5-onwards-to-alaska/

And our RCCL southbound cruise starting here.

http://libby.withnall.com/2011/06/19/day-14-all-aboard/

If you've got any questions please ask away.

Libby

Thanks for the great blog! I'm in a rush so only had time to read half of it and will finish the rest later.

A couple questions, what company did you go with for your Kenjai Fjord trip? How long of a trip was it?

On your bear trip out of Homer how much time did you actually get to spend with the bears? We are going to be in Homer and still debating about this.

Your pictures are great! What type of camera/lens did your husband use for most of these?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for your very detailed and enjoyable review. Can't wait for Aug 26th for our trip to Alaska!

I did notice that both you and your husband had on jackets with AK logo...did you get them in Alaska and were they reasonably priced?

Again, thanks for taking the time to write a wonderful blog of your trip.

What a fabulous blog!!! Some day we hope to rent an RV and spend more time on the land exploring places we didn't see the first time.

I just found your train scenery comment interesting. We thought the scenery between Fraser and Carcross was the most scenic and you thought differently. Of course you did sleep through a lot of it. ;)

Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Ok I just finished reading the whole blog...thank you for taking time to post and put pictures online. I like your style and the pictures are great. I think I could tell that you enjoy scrapbooking? I do too. I am still working on last years album to Alaska and we will be leaving again for Alaska in one month.

Thanks again for taking us on your journey!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful blog and photos! We are getting ready to go on our first Alaskan cruise next month and now I can hardly wait!

What kind of cameras do you use? Your pictures were amazing. Thanks again for posting.

We had a fabulous time in Alaska - loved the people, the animals and the stunning scenery. We saw and did so much in just over 2 weeks. I blogged the whole time we're away.

You can read about our motorhome trip starting here.

http://libby.withnall.com/2011/06/10/usa-day-5-onwards-to-alaska/

And our RCCL southbound cruise starting here.

http://libby.withnall.com/2011/06/19/day-14-all-aboard/

If you've got any questions please ask away.

Libby

Hi Libby,

Loved your blog. We are cruising Alaska on July 30th on NCL actually, we are going to Juneau, Skagway etc....I am trying to figure out what kinds of clothes to pack but don't want to OVER pack if I don't need too. What do you suggest as far as the weather? I noticed in some of your pics the weather was quite cold and some days...not so much.

Hi Libby

Loved you report and blog. We are 2 West Aussies planning to head off to canada and alaska in May 2012. I am interested in how/why you chose motorhome in Alaska as opposed to car. Also you menitoned that you took premium economy because it wasn't much more expensive, which airline did you fly to LA with.

Really appreciate being able to pick your brains.

Regards

Jan:)

Loved reading your whole blog and seeing all of your pictures. You really did see alot of Alaska in those 3 weeks. It took us several trips there to see all you saw.

I had always wanted to see the pictures of someone going clear to the end of the road at Kantishna. Glad you were happy you went to the end of the road. I really enjoyed reading about your motorhome portion of your trip particularly. We have done alot of driving through the same areas you did but stayed in B & B's which was fun but I thought doing the motorhome was great, private and comfortable.

Thank you so much for sharing your incredible trip with all of us.

Hope all works out well with your skin cancer. I am having one checked tomorrow myself. Been through it before with basil cell carcinoma on my face so I hope it isn't that again.

Archived