Favoite NEW or old perfume for women & men

shaling

The co-workers in this case come over on a regular basis because they do love it because it's not mingled with other scents like DeodorantSoap, Strawberry Shampoo and some other fragranced body lotion and lavendar deodorant. The bath stuff is milder and works with the others not against it.

You're right, you wouldn't douse yourself with perfume if you were wearing the other products, just a dab in the pulse points.

Lucky for me, I work well with the teammates. I wouldn't have written the post if I didn't think it was a real scent-imate! Nice people who don't have time in their day to waste on comments. I like "Wow, you always smell so great"

Cheryl.............

• 4 weeks later...

I always have a problem with scents, when I saw this thread I just had to read it. The perfumes smell wonderful on other people and in the store but when I try them (sparingly) they always seem so strong and I don't want to offend people with really strong perfume. Which I have noticed on other people from time to time, so I have almost given up trying to find one that suits me. What to do. :(

Cori

I am pretty set in my ways. I have worn opium for years now. It is my signature winter and evening scent. It is very oriental with a spicey smell.

Revently I discovered JEssica McKlintoc, which is primarily Lilly of the Valley and I love it for summer.

Lauren, by Ralph Lauren used to be my signature scent, and it took a lot for me to find something else that I liked enough to invest in a bottle. For the past several years I have been wearing Eliz. Arden's "5th Avenue" It's clean, elegant and all purpose.

Recently I am liking:

Romance

Vera Wang

Kenneth Cole's Reaction

Stella McCartney

I ask for samples at the counter. I need to try for a few day before I commit. Usually after a few tries, I don't care for them any more and it's back to 5th Avenue. Maybe I should go back to Lauren....it's kind of nostalgic for me.

Lauren was my signature scent during my 20's and 30's. Something must have changed, probably me, and I couldn't stand it any more. I'm happy with Obsession still, so I haven't thought about anything else. Except I did get a sample of burberry in with my last obsession order. I liked it in the sample, not on me............

"Beyond Paradise"-Estee Lauder for summer/spring

"AV"-Adrienne Vittadini for fall/winter.

I only get comments about how good I smell after I have hugged or kissed (social smack on the cheek) someone. Then they want to know what I am wearing.

All fragrances are unique to the wearer, try what you like and go with what smells right.

If you are trying a scent and someone comes up and says, "You smell like--so-and-so-scent!", and they are right, RUN, a good scent for you should not be that known.

Enjoy your cruise, my secret weapon scent is mango body butter by the body shop. My DH tells me i smell sweeeeeeeeeeeet!:D:D:D (If I had a winky to use I would)

I've worn L'Air du Temps for years. Recently started also wearing lavender cologn (and excellent brand if Norfolk Lavender -- it's not the sweet cloying scent you find with some but the fresher, more natural scent.)

Also l ove Victoria Secret or Body Shop vanilla.

I have favorite scents for seasons. My summer fragrance that I love is Estee Lauder, Paradise, my winter fragrance that I love is JaDor.
Me too!!!!

Winter is Chanel's Cristal....summer, Clinique's Happy

And did you notice how the smell brings back memories??? :)

For me:

Jean-Paul Gaultier

Organza by Givenchy

Burberry Weekend

For him:

Polo Blue

RL Romance (I'll jump his bones when he wears that! :D )

Aramis (for sentimental reasons)

My daughter, who is a teacher, just received Oui! by Lancome from her third grade student. Never heard of it before, but we both love it! She also wears Dolce & Gabana Blue.

My fav is Tea Olive by Hove, a little perfumery in New Orleans. Discovered it on our honeymoon (33 yrs ago), and now order it by mail. I always get compliments on it. I also like Estee Lauder's Pleasures and White Shoulders.

I love Pleasure by Estee Lauder. But my all time favorite was Beauty by Kate Spade, but I think it's not available any longer. I've tried all the department stores and on the internet with NM and Nordstroms. Nothing. Anybody know where I can get more?

Esther

It smells so good. However, years ago on my honeymoon we went to Bermuda. They had a perfume store there that carried scents made from local flowers. I bought a bottle of Passion Flower. It's been years and that bottle is long gone. I've never smelled anything like it since....Memories!:rolleyes:

i absolutely LOVE the old school Drakaar in the black bottle! (I can hear you snickering.) My friends and I agree. it is like sex in a bottle. I would follow the Hunchback of Notre Dame around if he was wearing it. I beg my DH to wear it all the time. "

I agree! I love it when my husband wears Drakaar. It smells soooo good on him.

I don't wear perfume that often but when I do I like to wear Spellbound by Estee Lauder.

I'm one of those people that must pick out my own scent. My body chemistry and sense of smell are sensitive and many of the stronger fragrances just make me nauseous. I love, love, love Jessica McClintock - light and floral but it lasts on my skin for hours and I get many compliments. When I need a change I go to a high quality lavender water or oil. I just don't like many of the commercial perfumes out there and prefer simpler clean floral scents.

My husband only wears Polo by Ralph Lauren and boy does it work for him! ;)

I just looked at my previous post's title!! Perhaps it should have said "Choosy nose"?!!

LOL...a good argument for previewing a post before submitting! Sorry ladies!

Gail

Hubby bought me some new fragrances for Mother's Day. One is Estee Lauder Beautiful Sheer- it's softer than the original and perfect for summer. Love it and perfect for day wear.

He got a little carried away and also bought Kenneth Cole Reaction and Kenneth Cole Black. These will be my evening scents.

I love all 3! But then again I'm biased because they're from him and our boys!

My favorite is an old scent that probably isn't even available anymore, Casaque. My second favorite scent is Pikake from Hawaii. I always make a trip to the ABC Store to renew my supply when we are in Hawaii (or online). I love floral scents. A close third is Lily of the Valley.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived