NCL Shore Excursion Inquiry

Has anyone taken the ncl shore excursion in St. Petersberg called "St. Petersberg Through The Eyes Of The Russian People". I would be interested in your experience with this excursion. Thank you :)

I sailed NCL 2 years ago, but didn't do any of their shore excursions. From your heading, I see you are new to Cruise Critic and probably these boards as well. Look around and read thru several pages of past posts, and you will see most here prefer to do independent tours instead of ship's excursions. There are many reasons why, and these have been stated many, many times already.

Briefly, you will see more on an independent tour, you will enjoy yourself more, yopu can plan out what you wish to see and what you don't. They will go at the pace you need to go at. You can ask for a leisurely tour package or a hectic tour package. They will adjust to YOUR wants and needs. And most of all, they will care if you have a great time because they need your recommendation to future cruisers. They will bend so far over backwards to make sure you have a great time, that you WILL come back telling everyone to use that particular tour group.

NO ship's excursion will do anything like that. You will be loaded into a huge bus and be at the mercy of the slowest person on that bus for the entire time.

Anyway, which ever way you choose to see St Petersberg, you will still love the city.

Cheers

Len

Archived