NCL Epic 14 apr 2012 Transatlantic MIA-BCN

jeroenn27

Hi everyone. Mark here from Vancouver Island, Canada.

For years, one of the items on my bucket list is to go on a transatlantic cruise, and I have been pondering this upcoming TA trip for a while now.

This past Thursday I got a totally unexpected call from NCL. The consultant said that they had noticed I had logged in to the website, under my latitudes login, several times a day for weeks, and asked me if I was ready to book yet. LOL.

After contemplating the trip all weekend, I have decided to jump ahead and will be booking my cabin in the morning. The studio rooms on the EPIC look awesome, and I have been looking forward to staying in one, but since this is a bucket list trip I have decided to upgrade to a balcony room.

Thanks "Dorothy's Friend" for posting your videos from your last cruise on the Epic. The videos were awesome and they were a strong influence in my decision to travel.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone, and looking forward to an awesome trip.

Sorry you had to cancel, DCAguy... My partner & I are so excited about going. It's our first cruise ever...

Got the confirmation today... Balcony suite on Deck 9 port side!

We fly from BCN to Paris at noon on April 25, so no time in Barcelona, but 5 days in Paris before returning home.

'Dorothy's Friend', thanks for your videos too... They confirmed our decision to travel on the Epic was the right one.

Cheers!

THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD FOR THIS SAME NCL SAILING

It is very active with MEET & GREET and other events Perhaps you would consider abandoning this 2 page thread and joining the "gazillions" of Cruise Critic passengers on that thread

I have

Just a Thought

There are another two threads for this cruise and I am on both. For some reason there is another LGBT thread as well as the ¨gazillions¨ general roll call thread that you refer to. But I will not be 'abandoning' any of them.;)

Got the confirmation today... Balcony suite on Deck 9 port side!

We fly from BCN to Paris at noon on April 25, so no time in Barcelona, but 5 days in Paris before returning home.

'Dorothy's Friend', thanks for your videos too... They confirmed our decision to travel on the Epic was the right one.

Cheers!

I am pleased my videos were of assistance to you. You will not be disappointed with the Epic or its activities and entertainment. See you aboard!:D

Today is better than Christmas. I got confirmation on my cabin, and I like it!!:p

There is always a small element of risk when booking the category guarantee without being able to choose which cabin, but I am pleased. Deck 8, midship. No bowling alley above, no night club directly below, and it is close to everything.

59 days left and counting.

Hi Fellow April 2012 Epic Transatlantic Cruisers,

Looking forward to meetings many of you. I'm used to traveling solo internationally but first time alone on ship. Usually stopping only 2-4 days in cities so very hard to really meet and enjoy company so hoping this will be more enjoyable in that way.

I'm looking for others who might be interested in sharing a private half day highlights tour in Barcelona the day we arrive. I have started an Epic group tour from the port upon arrival with pickup and securing of luggage and drop at completion of tour at our individual hotels in Barcelona. If interest go to http://www.barcelonadaytours.com and click on ship tours tab and then 4 hour city tour and request April 25th and you can reference my name "Mark" in the remarks and when we have 6-8 they will confirm. We can adjust tour to also include advanced ticket entry purchase to La Sangrada Familia to avoid possible long lines.

Anyway, look forward to hearing more comments and opportunities from my fellow passengers

Mark :D

If anyone is interested in dining together please let me know.

I also think the first day in the late afternoon after sail away

we should meet at a designated bar or area of the ship to meet

and mingle. This would be a perfect time to get to know each other.

See you soon

Mark

I would be interested in meeting up for dinners. Meeting up the first day, after unpacking and send off sounds great.

Looking at the deck plans it appears there is an area on Deck 7 near the shops that has a Martini Bar, a Whiskey Bar, a Sake Bar, a sushi bar, and a cigar bar that might be a suitable meeting place. Not sure how safe my shipboard account will be with the Martinis and shops being so close together.

I have noticed that there are at least 3 Marks on board. I guess there is will be no point in having name tags. :D

Mark from Canada

See you soon

Mark

There are several activities for meet n mingle etc listed on the other thread. Check it out and consider registering yourselves for the events via that thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1325636

"Epic Transatlantic April 14, 2012" by skt4cruise

Hate to think that you might miss out on the events

See you soon

Mark

Hi Mark!

NCL are very good at arranging 'meet and mingle' get togethers for both LGBT and single travellers on their ships. For sure there will be a get together for the single travellers in the Studio Lounge probably at 17:30hrs and another informal gathering for LGBT travellers at about 19:00hrs in another bar venue on the dy of departure.

I did the Epic Westbound TransAtlantic last October and both these events were very well attended every day. NCL have a Single Travellers Hostess on the Epic who comes to the get togethers in the Studio Lounge and helps organise group dinners and activities for those who are interested. The LGBT informal gatherings were so popular that there were several second gatherings later in the evening in the Bliss Lounge.

So I will be happy to meet at the LGBT/Friends of Dorothy get together shortly after sailing on the 14th April and if you want we can dine together along with any others who may be interested.:)

Kevin

I would be interested in meeting up for dinners. Meeting up the first day, after unpacking and send off sounds great.

Looking at the deck plans it appears there is an area on Deck 7 near the shops that has a Martini Bar, a Whiskey Bar, a Sake Bar, a sushi bar, and a cigar bar that might be a suitable meeting place. Not sure how safe my shipboard account will be with the Martinis and shops being so close together.

I have noticed that there are at least 3 Marks on board. I guess there is will be no point in having name tags. :D

Mark from Canada

Hi Mark from Canada

You are right, there are a lot of 'Marks'. NCL are very good at arranging 'meet and mingle' get togethers for both LGBT and single travellers on their ships. For sure there will be a get together for the single travellers in the Studio Lounge probably at 17:30hrs and another informal gathering for LGBT travellers at about 19:00hrs in another bar venue on the day of departure.

I did the Epic Westbound TransAtlantic last October and both these events were very well attended every day. NCL have a Single Travellers Hostess on the Epic who comes to the get togethers in the Studio Lounge and helps organise group dinners and activities for those who are interested. The LGBT informal gatherings were so popular that there were several second gatherings later in the evening in the Bliss Lounge.

So I will be happy to meet at the LGBT/Friends of Dorothy get together shortly after sailing on the 14th April and if you want we can dine together along with any others who may be interested.:)

Kevin

Sounds great, Dorothys friend. Unfortunately I miss out on the studio activities as I opted to ugrade to a balcony cabin, but I will definitely attend the LGBT gatherings.

If you are a single traveller then the singles gatherings in the Studio Lounge are open to you as well. The only time the Studio Lounge is open to none Studio guests:)

But I will see you at the LGBT informal get together as well, probably in Shakers:)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Craig from Atlanta and I've booked a solo cabin. Will be spending a few days in Barcelona and Sitges before taking the RCI Voyager to Dubai via the Egypt and Jordan. Look forward to seeing all of you on board!

Hey guys,

I've been on the other thread off/on and didn't even notice this one. There was some great info here. I apologize I don't have the time right now to reply to all I wanted to - but wanted to at least copy/repost in this thread to say hi.

We are getting excited and ready for a great time next month. My partner and I are on deck 9 balcony and another friend is in a solo studio suite. I think we are staying 2 nights in Barcelona after we dock. At least 2 of us might be really interested in the Barcelona City Tour. I sent them a message at http://www.BarcelonaDayTours.com

We are staying at the Axle Hotel. It came very highly recommended by my friend/work partner who runs an interline travel company. (But after reading reviews here we might rethink it - I hear the area is great but not up for any attitude so any other recommendations would be appreciated.)

Definitely planning on booking the spa access package while onboard. When we sailed in October a 7day pass for a single was $125 and a couple was $199. However, guys who met up at the 1st meeting were going in together to save the few bucks. I'm not sure at what number they cap it but they do sell out pretty fast and don't allow several hundred to book it.

We are also planning on trying out most of the restaurants. Cirque dinner, Brazilian steakhouse and Japanese for sure. French isn't our favorite and we never heard anything great about the italian...but might be fun to get a small group to book a time and restaurant together.

I was pleasantly surprised how many guys we met on the last Epic cruise in Oct. At least 8-10 showed up at each meeting. And many other guys we met at the White Party who had no idea the meetings were happening. And still others throughout the week who we thought, "Now why are they at the meeting?" LOL - It was a great time and we usually ended up seeing each other a lot in the spa (go figure) :roll eyes:

We are definitely going to need something for coding all the Mark's onboard. I'm another one so that makes at least 3 maybe 4 just on this thread. (other thread) I told my friend Steve who sailing with us and he's already channeling Olympia Dukakis from Steel Magnolia's... Any Ricks we know of yet? LOL

Looking forward to meeting and hanging out with you all in about 40 days. Maybe together we can find a meeting spot of our own onboard for the disembarking.

Marc

Tampa/Clearwater

feel free to contact me further at marcgoohs@aol.com

Also had a group page made on Facebook - not sure if CC allows the link but we'll see what happens.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TransAtlantic-Cruise-on-The-Norwegian-EPIC-April-14-2012-LGBT-Group/111656012278944

I'm Craig from Atlanta and I've booked a solo cabin. Will be spending a few days in Barcelona and Sitges before taking the RCI Voyager to Dubai via the Egypt and Jordan. Look forward to seeing all of you on board!

Welcome to this cruise and this thread Craig. At last it seems to be getting busy;). I look forward to meeting you and everyone on this thread in just over 5 weeks time.:D

I got my luggage tags a few days ago too. In between reminder emails and notes in the post, NCL is great for building the anticipation, and I am super excited enough without their help.

Tomorrow I will be making my reservations for the shows. Does anyone have any experience with the mystery lunch? I can't decide if I want to spend the money for the mystery lunch or reserve the funds for a few smart cocktails at the bar. Decisions, decisions!

Archived