NCL Epic 14 apr 2012 Transatlantic MIA-BCN

jeroenn27

Caddimemaw (Jeri) is from the Kansas City, MO area and my sister(Sharon) is from Atlanta, GA. We are unsure how to do the cabin crawl and where to get passes for those that was to see our villa.

It looks like Sharon was successful in getting your message across to Denmom, the organizer of the crawl, and it appears that Denmom is very excited to add your cabin. According to Denmoms post, they are saving your cabin to last and will be expecting lunch hahahahaha. You will probably be listed on this weekends update, if not, send her a reminder note.;)

Thanks Mark for getting the info to Marc. You are really good at organizing and really appreciate the efforts to unite group. Looking forward to meeting you guys. I'm doing BMG 7pm on 14th then grabbing dinner and hope to meet our group for the ice bar Titanic toast around 11:30p. Will look forward to the FOD meet on April 15th to connect with more. I went to see Titanic 3D today and it added just the right impact for the memory and excitement for my first crossing.

I am glad you mentioned Iberia strike Kevin because I am returning BCN to LAX on April 30. Just called and they are only up to the 16th with info on cancellations. Went through this with BA in early 2010 when my flight from London landed in Cape Town they went on strick for several days. This strick BS is getting old. Hey that right, Honey Badger don't care :p! See you guys. Anyone else pre night on 13th at Sofitel? See you guys soon! Mark

For those of you who do not know' date=' the MS Balmoral was previously the NCL Norwegian Crown. A wonderful little ship that I had the pleasure of doing two cruises on.:D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17649500[/quote']

I wonder if the Epic transatlantic has anything specific planned to acknowledge the event. Speaking of....I know there was mention of having a GL group meet at the Ice Bar, but there was some concern about the cost of the ice bar and whether or not it would actually be opened. I would be just as happy to meet at the martini bar instead. Since it is the first night and not everyone can make the first FOD meet we should probably make definite plans on a time and place for the 'Titanic Toast' before sail away.

I wonder if the Epic transatlantic has anything specific planned to acknowledge the event. Speaking of....I know there was mention of having a GL group meet at the Ice Bar, but there was some concern about the cost of the ice bar and whether or not it would actually be opened. I would be just as happy to meet at the martini bar instead. Since it is the first night and not everyone can make the first FOD meet we should probably make definite plans on a time and place for the 'Titanic Toast' before sail away.

It is a bit of a nuisance having these two threads for the same thing. I am sure I saw on one of them someone mention again about meeting in Ice Bar at 23:30hrs but I will need to a search for it. I would be happy to meet for a 'cold' drink at 23:30hrs in shakers but I at the same time I am more than happy to fit in with other people's preferences.:confused:

It is a bit of a nuisance having these two threads for the same thing. I am sure I saw on one of them someone mention again about meeting in Ice Bar at 23:30hrs but I will need to a search for it. I would be happy to meet for a 'cold' drink at 23:30hrs in shakers but I at the same time I am more than happy to fit in with other people's preferences.:confused:

I agree. Having 2 boards is annoying. A request can be submitted to Cruise Critic to have them combined but with less than a week to go (woohoo) it probably isn't worth the effort.

The initial plan was for an ice drink, in the Ice Bar, at 23:30, and then someone brought up the fact that there is a cover charge. I would hate to have anyone miss out on participating in a Toast to the Titanic because of a cover charge. Personally I would be prefer to have the Titanic Toast in Shakers so that no one feels excluded, and then meet for drinks in the ice bar another time during the week. Anyone else?

If someone decides on a meeting place and time... count me in... with Ralph and Keith.

Martini Bar works for me if Ice Bar is not open at 11:30P. Titanic slipped under the calm Atlantic at 2:20A so for those still awake might want to toast over a late night snack at O'Sheehan's Pub. Freestyle rocks and can't wait to hang my hammock on the balcony!:D

We're late to the discussion, but there are two more friends of dorothy to add to the list! My boyfriend (Jack) and I (Emerson) will be at the FOD gathering, and we're looking forward to meeting all of you. A toasting to the Titanic sounds fantastic :).

We'll spend a few days in Barcelona upon disembarkation and then we're taking the train to Madrid, where we'll spend a few more days. After Madrid, it's back to Florida, for us, unfortunately.

Names: Emerson and Jack

Cabin: 76 on Deck 12

Looking forward to it!

We are SO looking forward to it. I'm Emerson's other half. We didn't even think to look online to see if there was an LBGT group already. I am very excited to meet everyone! We're in a mini-suite, and I'm curious to see if that was money well spent or not. We started our first cruise in an interior room. The next one had a window, etc... so we are working our way up!

Can't wait to get to know everyone!

jack

Awesome! Welcome aboard guys. See you tomorrow at the toast. 12 floor here as well.

It should be a great trip! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Cruise Critic Thread Friends

I arrived home Sunday night having done the 4 night mini cruise after we all arrived in Barcelona. Those four nights could not have been more different from our Atlantic crossing. Double the number of passengers, mostly from Norway, Asia and Spain with a few Brits, French and Italians thrown into the mix.:)

If anyone is interested I have posted my photos on Facebook and you should be able to see them by following this link

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=a8b47ee452

Thanks!

Archived