Summer Cruising in Caribbean in July

emu1987

My family and I are attempting to plan an affordable cruise next summer. It is easier for the family to get time off during the summer rather than throughout winter or spring. What is the Western Caribbean like during the end of July and early August? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, remember that it is hurricane season. This is just something to keep in mind if you are a person that tends to worry a lot. Chances are, a hurricane will not cancel your cruise but a cruise can be rerouted if there is a threat. We live in Louisiana and the height of hurricane season is August and Sept.

My family and I are attempting to plan an affordable cruise next summer. It is easier for the family to get time off during the summer rather than throughout winter or spring. What is the Western Caribbean like during the end of July and early August? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did May this year - closest to summer I ever did and couldn't stand it! HOT HOT HOT. Spent most ports on board. The family will get mad at you for wasting their vacation days to be stuck aboard ship.

With my husband and I being teachers, the only time to criuse on both of our schedules has been the summer. We found it quite enjoyable in the Caribbean, even in the summer. It is hot, but we do not mind. We have enjoyed our excursions at each port.

It hotter than H-E-Double Hockey Sticks...but who cares? You're on vacation, have fun!! It makes you appreciate those cold adult beverages all that much more when you get back on the ship!

Archived