Is a self-guided island tour do-able ?

cheaptravel

We just came back from Barbados last week and had a wonderful time. I think it might be a lot to do Harrison's Cave and Bathsheba in one day. When you get off the ship, you can go to the Tourist Information spot and arrange a personal tour there. That's what we did and it was very economical. We toured the whole island with a woman named Angela who was very knowledgeable about what we were seeing. I think it was $120 for the day. I think it is doable to travel Barbados by yourself but there are no street signs anywhere or anything to indicate where you are on the island (so I would strongly recommend a GPS). But any Barbadian will gladly give you directions! You can ask any of them! But why put yourself through the stress and not have a full understanding of what you are seeing when you can travel with someone who knows? I recommend just booking a private tour when you get off the island. Oh, and you should stop and see some of the very old churchs on the island - very neat. Enjoy - we loved Barbados!

We will be heading to Barbados on the Caribbean Princess, having been there several time before we would like to do an island tour w/o caves and the touristy things. However, we would like to book something before we arrive on ship if possible. There will be 6 - 8 of us. Do you have a contact for Angela? Or any other independent tour operators in Barbados?

We will be heading to Barbados on the Caribbean Princess, having been there several time before we would like to do an island tour w/o caves and the touristy things. However, we would like to book something before we arrive on ship if possible. There will be 6 - 8 of us. Do you have a contact for Angela? Or any other independent tour operators in Barbados?

While I have not used them personally, I have enough confidence in reading reviews, that I have already booked a private tour with them for next cruise.

Try Glory Tours- there are many to choose from with and w/out cave option.

Suzy ~buffettfan

Archived