Do any men still wear Tuxedos?

Atty

I'm packing DH's tux for our cruise in December, maybe I'll go out and get him a WDJ too :D I love seeing a man/men all-dressed-up in military uniforms and tuxedo's: it's just very sexy.

.....but I will do it for my honey because she wants to see me in one.

Formal Night Picture - $20

Tuxedo rental - $110

Making the girlfriend happy on the cruise - Priceless

;)

wasiii

that was adorably sweet!!! what a good guy you are!!

I'm packing DH's tux for our cruise in December, maybe I'll go out and get him a WDJ too :D I love seeing a man/men all-dressed-up in military uniforms and tuxedo's: it's just very sexy.

AGREED ^ nothing sexier than a man dressing up!!

Very few tuxes anymore

but...a cute story...one of my regular "cruiser friends" never has worn a tux in his life...

one of the gals in the group who is a widow said to him...."You are tall like my late husband (6' 4')....why don't you take his tux?"...

he is sooo super excited to have a tux and she feels good that her beloved late hubby's tux will be used by a guy who is so happy to have it

He plans to wear it on MSC Poesia in November (I hear they are more dressy)

On the Splendor I have seen people wear tuxedos. In the past, I have worn a suit. Now though I just wear a button down because of air travel issues. There are still lots of people who get dressed up for the formal nights.

I know that I am from the West Coast and when I go to the East Coast in the summer and take a cruise out of Miami, in can get real hot in the ship and the air is not able to keep up with all these people and wearing the suit becomes VERY uncomfortable.

When I was on the Splendor, it was February and the climate was much different. When you go it will be hot and humid.

I was wondering if any men still wear their Tux on the "elegant" nights? I'm sailing on the Splendor on July 31 and am wondering whether to bring my tux. Any recent observations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

One of my dinner mates wore a tux both formal nights(one white & one black.). Thought it looked nice.

Hubby always packs his tux as a bare minimum. Sometimes he brings the white dinner jacket, but even if he doesn't pack the WDJ I know I'll always see him in his tux on elegant night.

I love to see him all dressed up!

We have almost always cruised with Carnival. There are less guys wearing their tuxes these days but I still see them. I've also noticed that there are more tuxes and nice dresses on 7 night cruises (or longer) than on the 4-5 day cruises.

I bought a nice well tailored Italian tux years ago and wear it every time we cruise. My philosophy is if I bought it I wear it. My wife and I love dressing to the nines on formal nights. Just the opposite of what others are doing, starting to dress down, I am in the process dressing more up then down by buying some high end tux shirts, vests and ties (IKE Behar and Robert Tallbot) to add to my collection, mostly because we sail to Hawaii this October on Celebrity Century and we have 3 other cruises planned for 2012. The only time I get to wear a tux is when we cruise!!

My husband and son will be wearing their tuxedos on the Splendor July 31st cruise. My husband loves walking in the cabin and having his formal wear--with 2 ironed shirts!--waiting for him. If we're flying, he rents shoes, too. They look sharp, but pack light this way.

My husband and son will be wearing their tuxedos on the Splendor July 31st cruise. My husband loves walking in the cabin and having his formal wear--with 2 ironed shirts!--waiting for him. If we're flying, he rents shoes, too. They look sharp, but pack light this way.

Hey how come you guys haven't joined in our July 31 roll call? Hehe

I have a question regarding this also...we are a family of 5. My twin 3 year old boys will be wearing suits (white and baby blue pinstripe) with mint shirts and little ties. My daughter, who is 7, will be wearing a long white gown with sequened lilies on it. I will probably just wear a nice cocktail dress. Not sure if DH will wear his suit (grey Italian suit with navy shirt) or if we should rent him a tux. I am thinking he should just wear his suit since boys will be wearing a suit and not tux, what do you guys think??

My husband rented a tux on all the cruises we were on except the last one. As the years went by, we saw fewer tuxes, but still some men stand out handsomely in a tux on Elegant Night. Wear one if you want. My husband bought a new suit just before the last cruise, so he took it instead. He dressed up in his suit, though.

I still enjoy dressing up in a long dress and wearing silver shoes for the evening. I never do this at home, and my dresses do not take up much room in my suitcase. I lay them on top and close the lid. On my last cruise on RCI, there were many short cocktail dresses, which looked nicely elegant, too. There were also people who were not especially dressed up, of course.

Renting a tux is another expense, and maybe that is partly why we see fewer men in tuxes now. Neither my husband or I are uncomfortable being more dressed up that night regardless of how others may dress down. I am glad to hear other men like wearing tuxes.

I wear my black one on both elegant nights. Black tie and vest one night, silver tie and vest the other. I don't care what other people think, I do it because I like wearing it. For two nights out of the year, it raises my self esteem.

Yes they do but I noticed less and less men wear them on Carnival nowadays. Wish we can go back to the old days when alot more people got dressed up and it was a 'real' Elegant night.

So do I...but with baggage restrictions most people don't pack their dressy stuff anymore. We typically drive to port so it's no big deal for us. I love wearing my tux on the cruise and it's about the only place I have a chance to wear it.

So do I...but with baggage restrictions most people don't pack their dressy stuff anymore. We typically drive to port so it's no big deal for us. I love wearing my tux on the cruise and it's about the only place I have a chance to wear it.

Ditto, Ditto and more Ditto! Tuxes on Carnival Formal Nights always!

JW (That's Me in the Middle) and Jerome, and our friend Joelle and of course, My Signature Martini!

74559_1719164065761_1438077101_31779894_1431871_n.jpg

Yea I'll be wearing mine. It seems the only time I've worn it the last 5 years was on a cruise. Doesn't matter to me if anybody else is wearing one or not. Packing is not a problem as it will be the only nice thing that I will bring. The rest of the time it's just some nice shorts, shirts, t shirts, & bathing suits.

I love wearing my tux! The only reason I haven't done so is that I took a suit and tie instead.

Snappy dressers....we need to UNITE!!!! 'Elegant' night? Feh....

TAKE BACK FORMAL NIGHT!!

(Thank you very much.:))

DH wears his tux on formal nights. He looks good in it. I've seen women all dressed up nicely with their men behind them in a polo shirt. Looks dumb. The women look at my DH and tell him how nice he looks.

Sewut

Archived