Bermuda Golf

terry the traveler

We will be in Bermuda in August & my husband wants to play Port Royal. The ship has an excursion for $190 which includes transportation, but booking directly through the course the rates quoted are $132. Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost? We are trying to determine if the $58 difference is worth it. Since I don't play, he'll be on his own & will need to be paired up with someone. Has anyone had any experience booking through the cruise line? (We are on NCL)

Hi Terry,

Hmmm, this looks like one of those cases where it would be worthwhile to book the excursion through the ship - the taxi to and from PR would certainly be in the region of $50, and the ship excursion will guarantee you getting there and back, plus your tee time.

I personally would suggest you go with the ship, though I stand to be corrected by those with direct experience.

Have Fun!

We will be in Bermuda in August & my husband wants to play Port Royal. The ship has an excursion for $190 which includes transportation, but booking directly through the course the rates quoted are $132. Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost? We are trying to determine if the $58 difference is worth it. Since I don't play, he'll be on his own & will need to be paired up with someone. Has anyone had any experience booking through the cruise line? (We are on NCL)

Hi -

DH and I just got back from the 7/1-7/8 NCL Dawn Boston to Bermuda cruise. We golfed at Port Royal one of the days we were in port, but booked a tee time directly with Port Royal ourselves. He's not home right now (out golfing) and has the actual receipts somewhere with exact amounts, so I'm just estimating. We booked the reduced "Sunset" tee time (after 3:00 PM - we've done this before at several Bermuda courses to save a little) which was around $70.00 per person, and the cart fee was $32.00 I think. (They do charge a fee - I think $25.00 or so - to just ride along, not play if you want to keep you DH company and enjoy the views!) The cab was around $50.00 round trip from the Dockyard. We brought our own clubs (just travel bags - easier to lug and store), but Port Royal does have rentals. For a couple of golfers, "do-it-yourself" can make sense. But if your husband is on his own, booking through NCL might be easier since it doesn't cost that much more and includes the transportation.

Hi Terry,

Hmmm, this looks like one of those cases where it would be worthwhile to book the excursion through the ship - the taxi to and from PR would certainly be in the region of $50, and the ship excursion will guarantee you getting there and back, plus your tee time.

I personally would suggest you go with the ship, though I stand to be corrected by those with direct experience.

Have Fun!

Since he is on his own I agree about the ship excursion as probably his best option. Another option which I recommend trying would be to see if he could pair up with someone on their sailing's roll call if there is one. Also sometimes it is possible to be lucky and pair up on the ship.

Archived