POA Dress Up Night?

debster818

Do the port intensive itinerary, does the POA have formal/elegant nights?

There are no formal nights on any NCL ship. They have at least one night that they call "Dress up or Not Night" on their ships and the same is true on the Pride of America. I believe it was Monday night (second night in Maui).

You will find that on most NCL ships only about 25% of the passengers dress up and that number is even lower due to the more relaxed nature of the POAm. I would estimate 15% dressed up last year when I was on the ship.

Of course, that is one of the main perks of Freestyle...you choice whether you want to dress up or not. No mandatory formal nights... resort casual (polo shirt, kahki pants, tennis shoes) is acceptable EVERY night in EVERY dining venue on EVERY ship.

I believe that there is only one "dress up" night, and that is optional.

The standard dress for POA seemed to be casual shorts, flowered shirts and sandals.

We loved it!

Shorts were never allowed in Liberty Main Dining Room or LeBistro. All other venues allowed shorts. Flowered shirts are considered appropriate in Hawaii, so those are allowed at all venues.

Shorts were never allowed in Liberty Main Dining Room or LeBistro. All other venues allowed shorts. Flowered shirts are considered appropriate in Hawaii, so those are allowed at all venues.

I think that you are right.

We ate breakfast and lunch every day in the LazyJ, and even one dinner there while wearing dress shorts, and one night in the Italian restaurant (I forget it's name) while wearing shorts, although you are supposed to wear long pants there, too.

Most evenings, we were so worn out from the daily onshore activities, we had dinner in our suite.

I believe too that Jefferson's requires dress slacks and shirt. We did not eat there.

I believe too that Jefferson's requires dress slacks and shirt. We did not eat there.

ooops... I called it LeBistro. On the Pride of America, the specialty restaurant that does not allow shorts is Jefferson Bistro. Got my ships mixed up...lol

Archived