Ininerary Change Splendor 09Oct sailing

Me thinks there is more to this than meets the eye. Carnival played hardball with the tender operators in Belize; perhaps there's something going on in Mazatlan that we don't know about. Easy to blame anything these days on violence.

I have friends with family in Mazatlan; I'm going to get them digging...

Was in Maz. in feb. & the locals & some americans living there, Said that their was some port fee issues. who knows

Tom

What do ya'all think about Acapulco ??? What are the odds that my cruise on the Paradise in November will make this stop, or will it also be cancelled. And if it's not, should I get off the ship ?????:confused:

I'd think they may need to stop in Acapulco for fuel. From what I've read Acapulco is dangerous.

I'd stay close to the port if I got off.

Just got the email from Carnival as well. So we had a swimming with the dolphin excursion booked in PV on 09/07... since we will now not be there until 09/08, does Carnival automatically transfer the excursion to the new date or should I cancel and re-book for the new day??

Just got the email from Carnival as well. So we had a swimming with the dolphin excursion booked in PV on 09/07... since we will now not be there until 09/08, does Carnival automatically transfer the excursion to the new date or should I cancel and re-book for the new day??

I've got a Rhythm's of the Night, excursion booked in PV, thru the ship.

Going to wait a couple days and see what Carnival does before I cancel and rebook. Thinking it'll be no big deal.

Cabo, on the other hand, will need some adjustments for sure.

We are booked on the Oct 21 Spirit to Mexican Riviera. So, Mazatlan is probably cancelled for us as well? I don't see any information on the Carnival website stating that it is. How did you find out about your Splendor Mazatlan stop being cancelled?

I checked the itinenary portion of my booking under the "manage your cruise" on carnival.com.:(

What do ya'all think about Acapulco ??? What are the odds that my cruise on the Paradise in November will make this stop, or will it also be cancelled. And if it's not, should I get off the ship ?????:confused:

I realize it's been a few years, but I felt totally safe there in Oct'09 on our Panama Canal cruise. But the. That was a few years ago.

Me thinks there is more to this than meets the eye. Carnival played hardball with the tender operators in Belize; perhaps there's something going on in Mazatlan that we don't know about. Easy to blame anything these days on violence.

I have friends with family in Mazatlan; I'm going to get them digging...

I partially blame Media hype. I grew up in So. Az and it has always been a somewhat cautious place, and know that the media can over-enhance some circumstances.

I recall some cruiselines cancelling Mazatlan several months back because a passenger was robbed (probably somewhere he/she shouldn't have been), and a crew member had their laptop stolen. Sounded quite trivial matters to cancel an entire port fir a season. It was reinstated a few months later.

Also think we would have seen postings on CC If there was a real issue IMO.:cool:

The overall crime rate in the US is higher than it is in Mexico, so don't believe all that media hype. Tourist are not targets, the drug cartels are targeting each other.

And the high wind thing doesn't happen that often in Cabo. I cruised to Cabo a dozen times before purchasing a home there and never missed the port. One time, we were held up for a couple of hours, but then they extended our time there. This week, there was a freak rain storm in Cabo and the Splendor stopped tender operations until it blew over, but they also extended the stay since it was day one and they really had no where to go.

I just pulled up out Itinerary for the cruise and it looks like they cancelled on of our ports (Mazatlan I think, cant remember original ininerary) and added a 2 day in Cabo.

Don't know everyone else's thoughts, but I always feel cheated by sitting in a port for 2 days. I'd rather be cruising. But it's not a total suprise as I heard some ports were being cancelled and rerouted. I figured it would be PV.

I have not recieved any emails or notifications from Carnival, but some of their email doesn't get through for one reason or another. Not even anything in my spam folder.

If I shop for the cruise on the Carnival website, it still shows Mazatlan.

I'm booked on the Splendor for 11/25/12, and got a email tonight explaining the dropping of Mazatlan. Not too surprised, though you'd think they'd wait until a little closer then 16 months out before deciding on any changes. Mazatlan was the only port I was excited about, guess i'll get a chance at the water slides after all. :cool:

I was in Acapulco in Nov. and felt as safe there as in any city. We went to the Fort and then walked to the Zocalo & church. At night we went into town for dinner. The only time I was uncomfortable there was at the port trying to get away from the persistent taxi drivers.

If booked through Carnival, then the excursion should be changed for the correct day in port. But I would still confirm it.

I am not happy about the extra day in Cabo. 1 day is more than enough for me. :mad:

I too am surprise they changed it this far out. We are book May 20 , 2012 and were really looking forward to stone island. We were there in May of 2010 and had a great time.

Honestly I don't think Carnival will ever go back to Mazatlan, thats why they changed it so far out. Otherwise why would they go as far as to change the itineraries for the entire 2012 when we are barely midway thru 2011. I think with these changes the future of Mexican Riviera cruises looks very dim at this point.:mad:

I am not surpirsed about this~ we are cruising on the Splendor in January and I am not expecting Mazatlan to be on the itinerary.... it seems they are pushing back the date further and further. I just wish they would remove it so that we can plan our non CCL excursions properly. Fortunately, most non CCL companies are aware of this and are good about working with passengers for date changes~

Guess I got my wish! Friday evening I received an email from Carnival that for our 1/8/2012 sailing, Mazatlan was removed and they are doing 2 days Cabo. Although I would prefer 3 separate ports, this will make planning a lot easier :)

Archived