Royal Caribbean - teens

QTMichele

Just realized my DD and her friend are going to be in the 12-14 group during our Feb 2012 Allure cruise (surely I'm not old enough to have a near teenager!). What can I expect in the kids club at this age? I know they can check in/out on their own, but I don't know other details like the program structure (is it structured or do they just hang out?) and if they are mixed in with the 15-17 year olds.

TIA from a curious mom who doesn't have the time to use the search function right now. ;) (besides, "chatting" with you is much more fun!)

Just realized my DD and her friend are going to be in the 12-14 group during our Feb 2012 Allure cruise (surely I'm not old enough to have a near teenager!). What can I expect in the kids club at this age? I know they can check in/out on their own, but I don't know other details like the program structure (is it structured or do they just hang out?) and if they are mixed in with the 15-17 year olds.

TIA from a curious mom who doesn't have the time to use the search function right now. ;) (besides, "chatting" with you is much more fun!)

The program really has a free-flow structure. They do have scheduled events and activities, but if not enough kids show-up for the events, they will just cancel them. They also schedule time just for the kids to hang out.

Michelle, one of the key contributors to this board, posts the schedules for the different kids clubs. I know that she has them for the RCI teen clubs (I sent her some myself). Here is the link.

http://photobucket.com/cruisekidpages

As for mixing the 12-14 and 15-17 age groups, it depends on the number of kids. We've cruised at times where they've combined the groups for some activities just so there would be enough kids to participate. At least on the ships we've been on, the teen club is used for both groups so there is no real way to keep them completely separate.

Hey Michele! :D

Ditto what Fester said. ;)

On Allure in February -- is it Presidents week? I didn't look at your signature before I hit reply. If its Presidents week then I can almost guarantee that they will be separated into 12 - 14 and 15-17. There are always huge amounts of kids on that week.

If its any other week in February, then chances are they will be combined due to the smaller numbers.

Thanks, Fester and Michele. :)

I've seen the compasses, but need to "study" the two ages to see how they compare. Now I'm wondering if they are any different?!

My niece will be onboard as well - she'll be 16. I love that girl with all my heart, but she is so much older (but not necessarily more mature! Lol) than my will be 12 year old. (older as in interests and boys, KWIM?!) I don't mind them being together for some things, but cringe to think of what my DD will learn if they are together the majority of the time. I'm sure my niece won't want to hang out with my DD so this really shouldn't be an issue. Right?!! Lol

Michele - we are cruising Valentine's week so I don't think we'll be overwhelmed with kids.

Thanks again! I'll go check those compasses too. :)

Archived