Surprise trip for Daughter - Conquest 6-26 - Lots of fun - Pictures & Review

texnewbie

I am glad that they had a great opening night show. I used to do Musicals when I was in High School. And I loved it.

I bet you had a blast doing musicals... She has...

This is her second one.. She did Godspell and now Hairspray....

That is so great!! She sounds like such a talented young girl! You have done well mom! ;)

Looking forward to the rest of your review!

Thank you for the sweet words...

My review is almost over with... :(

Thanks for reading..

Carolyn

Dinner is definately my favorite part of the cruise as well. I love trying new things though. So I like that if I don't like them I can send them back and I didn't waste any money.

Rae and I were somewhere the other day and I said "I sure would like to try ________, (I don't remember where or what it was) and if I don't like it I can just send it back like we did on the boat... and Rae was like "really", I started laughing... "No silly, that's only on the ship"

Our food was fabulous...

Carolyn

[quote=Cruise_Q;29975603

yay so glad you posted this pic...I ordered Chelsi a cake her b day to be delivered on Elegant night....and this pic show what it will look like!!!

I posted the picture just for you... I figured you might want to see it.... 15 more days!!!!!! Your going to have so much fun.....

Carolyn

Rae and I were somewhere the other day and I said "I sure would like to try ________, (I don't remember where or what it was) and if I don't like it I can just send it back like we did on the boat... and Rae was like "really", I started laughing... "No silly, that's only on the ship"

Our food was fabulous...

Carolyn

I posted the picture just for you... I figured you might want to see it.... 15 more days!!!!!! Your going to have so much fun.....

Carolyn

And you sound like us with your shrimp cocktail every night. I almost always got 2 appetizers. 1 shrimp cocktail and then 1 of something else. I love shrimp. And I plan on doing the same thing on our next cruise. That is why I like to wear dresses to dinner. Then you don't have to worry about whether or not your pants will get too tight in the waist..LOL. Actually it is because I don't get to dress up any other time so dinner in the MDR is the perfect time. I wear a dress every night to dinner.

More awesome review & pictures! Sad it's almost time for your review to be over though, LOL! That's great about Rae & Hairspray, such fun!!!

Hairspray has been fabulous, 2 shows down, 6 more to go...

She is having such a blast...

Thanks for reading.

Carolyn

I've been reading your review the whole time but hadn't chimed in yet...Just want to say you're doing a great job with the review and you and your daughter are lovely! Maybe my dd and I will take a mother/daughter trip one day. I know we'd have as much fun as the two of you do! But...I know I'd never hear the end of it from her brothers you know how it goes "Why does SHE get to go", blah, blah blah...Wait, maybe I'll plan a dad/son trip for them and one for me and her! Now there's an idea! Although we do travel alot as a family, so no one can complain about that. Anyway, thanks for sharing your trip with us! I'm sad to see it end.:(

So glad you chimed in... Thank you for the sweet words...

Plan that trip, even if it's years away... It's so important...

The trip for the boys with Dad is a great idea...

I do try to do a special trip with each of my kids each year.. When my middle son Brady gets back from PineCove Camp (he's working there), Him and I are planning a weekend trip to Dallas to watch Soccer and the Texas Rangers... That's what we love to do together... Now my oldes son lives in Orlando, so I'm planning on going to see him and let him show me some of his favorite places to play golf and I'll watch him play... Like you we do try to take a family trip together too, but getting Eric to join us is really hard because of his work..

Thanks for reading....

Carolyn

Our food was fabulous...

Carolyn

Carolyn

Aww...thank you so much...I hope im able to do a review as good as yours...im so excited!!!

Thanks so much for the great review!! I was so glad I was paying attention to what you were doing in your ports. I just got off the Imagination and due to the bad weather near Mexico we were rerouted from Cozumel to Freeport, Bahamas. I was thinking of what to do now???? and then remembered what you and Rae did so we pretty much ended up doing the same thing...going shopping and then to the public beach.

Susan

That great review almost over your review:( so sad..

I have ready cruise on the Conquest!

I know it's nearly over with... What will I do with all my free time when I'm done???

First of all I think that that is very nice of you. I never had that issue because I was always the one up early. Never been one to sleep in.

Second I love to watch the world go by.

I would really love to be sitting on my balcony watching the world go by... I would say, I think that is the one thing that I really missed doing on this cruise expecially the first 2 sail days... Rae just didn't want to sit around...

Almost done with my report, I'm so sad...

Thanks for sticking with me..

Carolyn

The Rangers are in Toronto this weekend and I'll be at all 3 games. Can you tell I'm a Jays fan by my SIG? haha:D

GO RANGERS!!!!!!

I'm working right now, and the game is on tv and I can't even watch it... I didn't get to watch last nights game either because of Hairspray.... and tomorrow I'll be at Hairspray again....

Have fun at the game...

Carolyn

Carolyn,

I just wanted to say what a beautiful review you have here. I literally sat here from 11:30pm until now(2:55am) reading this review. :eek: It was great! My mother and I have a very similiar relationship for very similiar reasons. She was adopted by my great-aunt and didn't have the best releationship with her biological mother. So aka I'm spoiled rotten!;) In fact so she is going with my hubby and I on our vacation next year(seperate rooms of course!;))

I was really intrigued about your take on Atlantis. I am sailing the Dream in September 2012 and the primary reason my family chose this itinerary (sp?) was due to the fact of Atlantis. I personally didn't see the hype. I mean I love waterslides and such but the expense of it makes me second guess it. I wouldn't mind going to the Aquarium, but it's soooooooooo expensive!:eek: I'm with you as for the shopping. Give me a straw market anyday. :DIt was nice to see a more in depth review of Atlantis.

I know my mom is excited about Atlantis but she only wants to go to the Aquarium. I wonder if there is a way we can do that without paying $100s?

Key West looks awesome! I wouldn't mind just flying into Key West for a nice 5-7 day vacation.

Looking foward to the conclusion.

Kristy

Hey Kristy...

Thank you for your kind words... I sure hope you get some rest today... so sorry I kept you up so late :D Thanks for reading...

So glad you and your mom are so close... vacation will be so much fun...

My two cents on Atlantis is my travel in June... your going in September, Maybe it will be a smaller crowd... I will say the shopping was so much fun... Although I would really like to find a great beach to go to there... I think the only way to enjoy Atlantis is to go there and stay... Not just spend the afternoon there..

Now Key West... Yes a fun trip there is the best... I love it... Although, I'm back to the beach thing... I want to spend time at the beach just laying with my feet in the water..

Thanks again for staying up so late to read...

Carolyn

Carnival website tells me 63..but my calendar says 64. Either way. I use the countdown on Carnival as my wedding countdown. LOL. Which I am very excited..nervous..and stressed about..LOL. Wish I could afford a wedding planner..but I can only afford for me to be the wedding planner..so I have to make sure and check every list daily to see if I am missing anything..LOL.

We will go with 63 days.... I betting you are getting so excited... A wedding and cruise... Boy that's alot of hard work, but I know your doing a great job... What a great way to celebrate your wedding then cruising... Great relaxation... you need it... But you can do it...

Carolyn

And you sound like us with your shrimp cocktail every night. I almost always got 2 appetizers. 1 shrimp cocktail and then 1 of something else. I love shrimp. And I plan on doing the same thing on our next cruise. That is why I like to wear dresses to dinner. Then you don't have to worry about whether or not your pants will get too tight in the waist..LOL. Actually it is because I don't get to dress up any other time so dinner in the MDR is the perfect time. I wear a dress every night to dinner.

Heidi

Rae and I did tooo, we just love to dress up... Lots of nights I did 2 appetizers tooo... and 2 desserts... I could use one right now... What's your colors for your wedding?

Carolyn

Thanks so much for the great review!! I was so glad I was paying attention to what you were doing in your ports. I just got off the Imagination and due to the bad weather near Mexico we were rerouted from Cozumel to Freeport, Bahamas. I was thinking of what to do now???? and then remembered what you and Rae did so we pretty much ended up doing the same thing...going shopping and then to the public beach.

Susan

Awesome!!!! I'm glad you remembered...

Thank you for reading...

How was your trip besides the detour...

Carolyn

I know it's nearly over with... What will I do with all my free time when I'm done???

I would really love to be sitting on my balcony watching the world go by... I would say, I think that is the one thing that I really missed doing on this cruise expecially the first 2 sail days... Rae just didn't want to sit around...

Almost done with my report, I'm so sad...

Thanks for sticking with me..

Carolyn

Well you will love on the Conquest:)

Hairspray Pictures!!!!

Just a few... She's so cute..

003.jpg

Great Hair...

005-1-1.jpg

Her dance partner...

012.jpg

With Tracy...

014.jpg

Another guy in the show... He's a friend...

016.jpg

Another girl in the show..

019.jpg

That's all...

More to post later...

Too Cute...so happy for her...is that what she want to do in college? I have a daughter who was into theater in high school too. I sent her to camp one summer and she also did a play in HS called Urine Town...it was soo good...Now that is her major in @UNT starting in the fall. Im so excited for her!!!

Finally it was time to head down to the Lobby Deck, Deck 3 Monet... DINNER TIME!!!

Today was a fun day at the Sky Pool with our table mates so Rae and I were looking forward to having dinner with them tonight... They are such a fabulous family!!!!

Our Waitstaff was fabulous too... We had Jan Carlos, Juan and Daniel... They were fabuloussssss. So funny too, but they worked their heart out. Always remembered our names and what we drank (iced tea) and Jan Carlos - We called him Brad Pitt...

555.jpg

Oh my gosh. That is so funny. We had Daniel as our assistant headwaiter on our Miracle cruise last year. He is amazing and so funny. My 17yo son still keeps in contact with him on facebook.

What a fantastic review. Great job. :)

Heidi

Rae and I did tooo, we just love to dress up... Lots of nights I did 2 appetizers tooo... and 2 desserts... I could use one right now... What's your colors for your wedding?

Carolyn

Red Apple..Silver..and a little bit of pink (I wanted the flower girl in pink)

We are then using a lot of fall colors in general.

This is on a budget..so it is nothing fancy..but it should be fun.

We are doing a pig roast. My cousin is roasting it for us so all I have to do is buy it. I have cousins who offered to pay for our flowers and do the arrangements. (she did her own so I know she will do a great job) we are having Garber Daisies. Now talking about it I am getting even more excited..LOL.

Red Apple..Silver..and a little bit of pink (I wanted the flower girl in pink)

We are then using a lot of fall colors in general.

This is on a budget..so it is nothing fancy..but it should be fun.

We are doing a pig roast. My cousin is roasting it for us so all I have to do is buy it. I have cousins who offered to pay for our flowers and do the arrangements. (she did her own so I know she will do a great job) we are having Garber Daisies. Now talking about it I am getting even more excited..LOL.

Oh it sounds fabulous... I love Daisies... I love the way that Gerber Daisies say hello sunshine.... They are so happy!!!!!! They are my favorite... That is so awesome that your family is helping out... That's what it's suppose to be like... Everyone getting involved....

Then you'll say away on your trip....

One word of advice... Take time to visit with family...

I don't know if you will have time, but after you leave come back and hang with your family... You only get to see them for a few minutes at the wedding so go back and spend the rest of the time with them...

If you can....

Expecially if family lives far away...

We did this and we had so much fun...

But then again, you may have time...

Carolyn

Oh it sounds fabulous... I love Daisies... I love the way that Gerber Daisies say hello sunshine.... They are so happy!!!!!! They are my favorite... That is so awesome that your family is helping out... That's what it's suppose to be like... Everyone getting involved....

Then you'll say away on your trip....

One word of advice... Take time to visit with family...

I don't know if you will have time, but after you leave come back and hang with your family... You only get to see them for a few minutes at the wedding so go back and spend the rest of the time with them...

If you can....

Expecially if family lives far away...

We did this and we had so much fun...

But then again, you may have time...

Carolyn

YEs..I know that taking time to talk to everyone is going to be the hardest part.

As for my family helping out. They have been absolutely wonderful. When we went dress shopping my mom surprised me by buying my dress and shoes. I was supposed to buy my flowers and my cousins were going to arrange them for me..but they called me and asked me if I wanted them to buy our flowers as our wedding gift..I almost cried I was so excited (these are cousins who are like sisters to me)..then 1 of my brothers and 1 of my sisters offered to pay half of our DJ. My sister is a photographer but she doesn't want to do my wedding pics..and I didn't want her to. But she contacted an old family friend to see how much she would charge she does it on the side..she offered to do them for free and just put them on a CD for me. I am so blessed with this which is great because money was a big stresser for me.

I love Garber Daisies. I love daisies in general but I didn't want any white flowers. With the exception of the White rose that is going to be in the middle of my bouquet to represent my dad who passed away 10 years ago. So no other white flowers..and no other roses. (BTW..I read what you said about your mom..how sad..my mom and I are so close she is walking me down the aisle.)

Both kids are being dressed by Kohls..LOL..LOVE THAT STORE. And both outfits were bought with 30% off coupons..LOL. once again..LOVE THAT STORE.

Have also been doing a lot of internet shopping. There is a girl that I work with who is getting married a month after me. So we have been sharing a lot of shipping costs. LOL.

Sorry didn't mean to highjack. I just get so excited when someone asks me about my plans because I am working so hard on this.

Sail Day!!!

Where was I... We got up... or at least I did...

I went back to my notes to figure out what all we did on this day and I didn't write any notes for this day or the drive home... That was kind of dumb of me... Oh well, so...

I know she finally got up around 11:00ish and we got dressed in our swimsuits... Off to the Sun Deck Pool... My favorite place to hang out... I looked for Manny my favorite Bartender, but didn't find him.

Rae went to the front pool to find some of the guys she's been hanging with...

Sitting at the Sun Pool...

519.jpg

520.jpg

521.jpg

Rae came back to the back pool and was starving so she decided to have some pizza...

523.jpg

After she had pizza we both laid in the sun.. There wasn't a cloud anywhere in sight... It was a gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Day....

Here's the bar by the Sun Deck...

524.jpg

I think I stayed back at the Sun Pool until around 3:00... I totally enjoyed reading my book and going back and forth to the pool and then back to the sun again... Rae stayed for awhile then she was off and found the baseball player boys... She had spotted these boys the first day but didn't talk to them until either yesterday or Today... I can't remember..

One of the dumbest things I did on this cruise was to try the Mongolian Grill on the last day..... IT WAS THE BEST!!!!!

I wish I would have tried it earlier... I didn't even try it when I sailed in 2009.... I would have eaten there everyday.... It was so yummy!!!!!

So I had Mongolian Grill around 2:00ish or maybe a little earlier then that, because I think it closes at 2:00...

More to come...

Sail Day!!!!

After I ate, I went back to the Sun Pool... Laid out... It was so nice to be so lazy.... I stayed there til around 3:00 and decided to take all my stuff back to my room and try to find the Princess.... I was missing her...

I found her playing putt putt with the baseball boys...

It's so funny how we named people on the ship and the baseball guys called us the red head and her mom... Hahaha...

Basketball & Volleyball court - there were always kids playing up here...

528.jpg

529.jpg

Whales Tail.... Love it....

527.jpg

Putt Putt Course...

525-1.jpg

526-1.jpg

530.jpg

More to come!!!

Sail Day!!!

They had lots of fun playing putt putt... It's just a little 9 hole course that wraps around the Whales Tail..

Rae and the baseball boys...

531-1.jpg

534-1.jpg

Toes in the grass... Haha

533.jpg

Finally found Manny, I wanted a picture with him and also with Rae... Again, he was so sweet and took really good care of us the whole cruise - he always got us either the DOTD or our Dr. Pepper's and Cokes...

By the way I didn't purchase coke cards... With us bring our own for our room and we didn't buy many durning the day, we usually had water or DOTD... Plus the tea is good too...

Manny!!!!!

535.jpg

536.jpg

More to come...

Last Sail Day!!!!

After I watched the kids play putt putt, I made my way around the top decks one last sunny time... It's really getting sad that this day is leaving quickly....

I headed back to my stateroom to shower for dinner and work on that packing thing one more time... Our bags go outside our room tonight, so I needed to have it all organized..... Love to Organize....

537.jpg

538.jpg

One complaint......

When is Carnival going to up grade their room colors.... I just think the colors are so faded....

Rae came in about 5:15, and hurried through her shower and doing her hair and we made it just in time for Dinner...

Again, I just loved Dinner and our table mates... They were the best...

Time for Dinner...

543.jpg

Navy Bean Soup... Yummy...

544.jpg

Prime Rib....

546.jpg

More to come...

Last Sail Day!!!

Dinner time....

545.jpg

547.jpg

Oil Rig out in the gulf...

LOOK HOW CALM THE WATER IS...

540.jpg

The waitstaff sing to us one last time... It was such a sweet sad song.. They were saying goodbye..

549.jpg

551.jpg

Rae and I found Manny and we took a picture with him....

553.jpg

More to come...

Archived