Surprise trip for Daughter - Conquest 6-26 - Lots of fun - Pictures & Review

texnewbie

I have really loved your review. It was so sweet, how you and your daughter got along. Cruises are just a wonderful way for families to enjoy time together.

I hope that in 20 years it will be her turn to take you on a cruise with her family. Bewtween now and then. I will look forward to all your future reviews.

Oh by the way, I am a Texan too!

me tooooo on her taking me...

Love Texan!!!!!

Thanks for reading...

Carolyn

What a great review. I felt as if I was right there with y'all. I'm going on the Conquest on her last cruise out of Galveston and really looking forward to it.

Oh that's so awesome... What itinerary?

I'm really looking forward to Seeing Magic. But sad to see Conquest go...

THank you for taking the time to read my review...

Carolyn

Carolyn - wonderful, wonderful review. wish I could write like that. I know you are really proud of Rae and also as a theatre person in Hairspray. We took a family new years cruise in 09/10 on the Conquest and had a wonderful time. DH & I, DD, SIL., granddaughters 7 & 3 and also both DSs. At the time both sons were not married but now they are and we also have two more beautiful granddaughters. We are also booked on the Magic in Feb. and the Mariner of the Seas TA in Nov.2012. After that maybe another family cruise!! Take care and enjoy life with Rae. If you get to the ballfield on Thursday please pull for the Rosenberg team!! Again take care!!

Just chiming in to also offer additional kudos and thanks for such a great review! We've been on the Conquest many times, but haven't done the Eastern itinerary in years, so we were especially excited to follow you guys through all the ports and your choices of excursions. Awesome job, thank you so much for sharing.

(Forgot to add that we're doing this same itinerary on the Conquest in just a few weeks...loved reading your entire review!)

:)

Please consider the new Magic on tax day 2012. Would love to have you, your hubby and all your kiddos as part of our group. I have a 21 and 19 year old girls that will be going.

I REALLY loved your review. I could actually "feel" the sadness at disembarking...brought tears to my eyes. You have a hidden talent :)

Thanks for reading!!!!!!! I had so much fun writing it... I didn't realize that I would use all of my pictures but I almost did... I took nearly 1000 and I really didn't get lots of pictures of the ship...

Next time I'll so better...

I told Charlie DH that we needed to go on Magic in January to the Eastern and give Atlantis a try again... When are you going on Magic? In Decemeber??? It will be neat to see it decorated for Christmas... Going where???

Sailing with you guys would be fun...

Thanks again for reading.

Carolyn

We prefer sailing after hurricane season, so we usually book a November or December cruise. Hey, it's the Caribbean, so it's not like it'll be too cold, right? :D

This is a western itinerary that we've done twice before, but this time we'l be diving in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. We recently got our scuba certifications so now when we hit these awesome dive spots we'll be diving most of the time.

By the way, I got a good laugh out of your Whataburger experience. Being originally from Corpus Christi, the home of Whataburger, I'm very familiar with that fine establishment. Let's just say "Combo #5 with grilled jalepenos, substitute onion rings for the fries."

You will make such wonderful memories... That is so awesome that your whole big group is going... Where are you sailing to?

Have lots of fun and take really great notes...

Thanks for the sweet comments..

Carolyn

We are sailing to the Bahamas. We leave Norfolk, VA (which is the area we live at) on October 14, 2012, we have 2 days in Nassau and one day in Freeport before heading back to Norfolk. I am so exited and looking forward to writing my own trip report when we get back! Hopefully mine will be as great as yours!

Carolyn - wonderful, wonderful review. wish I could write like that. I know you are really proud of Rae and also as a theatre person in Hairspray. We took a family new years cruise in 09/10 on the Conquest and had a wonderful time. DH & I, DD, SIL., granddaughters 7 & 3 and also both DSs. At the time both sons were not married but now they are and we also have two more beautiful granddaughters. We are also booked on the Magic in Feb. and the Mariner of the Seas TA in Nov.2012. After that maybe another family cruise!! Take care and enjoy life with Rae. If you get to the ballfield on Thursday please pull for the Rosenberg team!! Again take care!!

Thank you again for the sweet words... Hairspray is again this week so life has become crazy but Sunday is the last day... Living in Abilene I don't get to Midland but would have loved to watch your family and cheered for them... I hope they make it to the World Series... That would be so awesome... I am such a huge baseball fan...

I sure wish I could talk Charlie into sailing... He's just not on board yet... he gave me some information on Disney yesterday, something about free dining. So I'm thinking Disney is in view not a cruise.

Thanks for reading agian.

Carolyn

Just chiming in to also offer additional kudos and thanks for such a great review! We've been on the Conquest many times, but haven't done the Eastern itinerary in years, so we were especially excited to follow you guys through all the ports and your choices of excursions. Awesome job, thank you so much for sharing.

(Forgot to add that we're doing this same itinerary on the Conquest in just a few weeks...loved reading your entire review!)

:)

I hope you write a review... I really loved the Eastern... I loved Nassau this best and Key West, Okay I loved it all.

Again, Thanks for reading.

Carolyn

Please consider the new Magic on tax day 2012. Would love to have you, your hubby and all your kiddos as part of our group. I have a 21 and 19 year old girls that will be going.

I REALLY loved your review. I could actually "feel" the sadness at disembarking...brought tears to my eyes. You have a hidden talent :)

I would love to sail with you guys... I don't know if I can talk Charlie into it... He gave me information yesterday on Disney and I'm thinking that he wants to go to Disney... Free dining..

Thank you for the sweet words. I just wrote from my heart... We had so much fun.

I'll keep you posted on if Charlie decides that he wants to sail.

Thanks for reading

Carolyn

We prefer sailing after hurricane season, so we usually book a November or December cruise. Hey, it's the Caribbean, so it's not like it'll be too cold, right? :D

This is a western itinerary that we've done twice before, but this time we'l be diving in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. We recently got our scuba certifications so now when we hit these awesome dive spots we'll be diving most of the time.

By the way, I got a good laugh out of your Whataburger experience. Being originally from Corpus Christi, the home of Whataburger, I'm very familiar with that fine establishment. Let's just say "Combo #5 with grilled jalepenos, substitute onion rings for the fries."

I really think the Whataburger experience was one of the best things about our trip... It was so out of the blue... We were both in shock and it was so awesome... She had no idea what or where we were going or doing and she made the start of our adventure awesome...

Grilled jalepenos ouch.. That hurts my tummy. Rae's been to the stadium in Corpus with her dad... She had lots of fun there...

Have fun on your cruise...

Thanks for reading..

Carolyn

We are sailing to the Bahamas. We leave Norfolk, VA (which is the area we live at) on October 14, 2012, we have 2 days in Nassau and one day in Freeport before heading back to Norfolk. I am so exited and looking forward to writing my own trip report when we get back! Hopefully mine will be as great as yours!

How do you get 2 days in Nassau... That's cool.

I can't wait for your trip report...

Thanks for the sweet words and looking forward to reading your review.

Carolyn

GREAT, GREAT REVIEW! I enjoyed reading every bit of it and looking at your pictures. So glad you had an incredible time! :)

Thank you thank you!!!!!! Thanks for taking the time to read it...

Carolyn

Awesome review! loved every moment of it....Heading out on the conquest on Sept. 4th....I really can't wait now!! :)

I wish I was sailing with you... It's already been over a month since I got back... :(

Have a fabulous trip!!!!!!!!

less then a month now.

Carolyn

I just got back from our cruise and had a fabulous time. We used our towel clips every where we went. Thank You so much for telling everyone about them.We loved them! The company needs to send you royalities LOL. We went to Grand Cayman and did the stingray sandbar. My DD was so scared and screaming take me back to the boat. She wouldn't let go of me or step down but finally she warmed up. She got a massage, got to hold it and give it a kiss for good luck. She was so happy she did it and said it was the best day. I hope you do get to go to Grand Cayman and hopefully Rae will be brave and swim with the sting rays.

I love how close you and Rae are. I come from a family where we are super close. My Grandmother was raised by an Aunt and Uncle. They treated her as a maid, cook and babysitter. Her Mother didn't want her and her Father wasn't around either. She married my Grandfather and didn't want kids right away. In that time you had kids right away. She waited and had 3 kids whom she was close to. As I was growing up I remember when we would go to their house all the time for Sunday dinners, bbq's and special occasions. I loved it. My Mom and I are close too. We talk every day sometimes more than once and travel all the time together. She is my best friend. My DD and I are close. I hope as she gets older it stays that way. She is close to my Mom as well. Whenever we travel or do something without her she says she misses Grandma and wishes she was with us.

If you go to Disney have a great time with the free dining. We have done it a few times and going back in Sept. for a quick trip. We love free dining. Disney and cruising what better way to vacation.

Thanks for the great review and pictures! Happing cruising and Disney vacationing!

Tanya

I just got back from our cruise and had a fabulous time. We used our towel clips every where we went. Thank You so much for telling everyone about them.We loved them! The company needs to send you royalities LOL. We went to Grand Cayman and did the stingray sandbar. My DD was so scared and screaming take me back to the boat. She wouldn't let go of me or step down but finally she warmed up. She got a massage, got to hold it and give it a kiss for good luck. She was so happy she did it and said it was the best day. I hope you do get to go to Grand Cayman and hopefully Rae will be brave and swim with the sting rays.

I love how close you and Rae are. I come from a family where we are super close. My Grandmother was raised by an Aunt and Uncle. They treated her as a maid, cook and babysitter. Her Mother didn't want her and her Father wasn't around either. She married my Grandfather and didn't want kids right away. In that time you had kids right away. She waited and had 3 kids whom she was close to. As I was growing up I remember when we would go to their house all the time for Sunday dinners, bbq's and special occasions. I loved it. My Mom and I are close too. We talk every day sometimes more than once and travel all the time together. She is my best friend. My DD and I are close. I hope as she gets older it stays that way. She is close to my Mom as well. Whenever we travel or do something without her she says she misses Grandma and wishes she was with us.

If you go to Disney have a great time with the free dining. We have done it a few times and going back in Sept. for a quick trip. We love free dining. Disney and cruising what better way to vacation.

Thanks for the great review and pictures! Happing cruising and Disney vacationing!

Tanya

Tanya,

I agree with you on the Towel Clip Company!!!! They do need to send me royalities...:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

I think if I take Rae to the Stingray Bar she will do the same thing... But one of these days I'm going to take her... You always have to over come your fears...:D

I'm so glad that she was so happy that she did it...

Thank you for the sweet words about your family... That is awesome about you and your mother and how close you are... That's the way I want Rae and I to be...

Well, I'm really thinking Disney...

More to come on that..

Thank you for taking the time to read my trip report...

Carolyn

Carolyn - so SORRY!!! Must have had a big senior moment. At the time thought you lived in Midland, but now I know better. Re-read some of your review and still love it!!

How did your families baseball team do...

I noticed that the Little League World Series is on but wanted to know if I needed to cheer for your team...

Carolyn

Soooo excited...I leave tomorrow...my DD is just now getting excited...can't wait to get on the ship...writing my review asap and I hope it is a good as yours :D

I was thinking about you today and wanted to send you a private message but didn't know how...

Have so much fun on your trip!!!!!!

I can't wait to read all about it...

Carolyn!!!!!

I was thinking about you today and wanted to send you a private message but didn't know how...

Have so much fun on your trip!!!!!!

I can't wait to read all about it...

Carolyn!!!!!

AWW thank you soooo much..,.I can't wait to share it with you esp...Q

Carolyn, thanks for asking. They won the tournament in Midland and are now in Taylor, Michigan for the Junior World Series. This is for 13-14 yrold little leaguers. The Little League World Series is 11-12 yr olds and is played in Williamsport. We are so excited for our team and hope them the best in Michigan. Even my cousins grandmother is there. We really thought about going but I am starting a long-term sub job on Monday with the school district. Love still keeping in touch with you. How is Rae? /Getting ready for school?

Carolyn, thanks for asking. They won the tournament in Midland and are now in Taylor, Michigan for the Junior World Series. This is for 13-14 yrold little leaguers. The Little League World Series is 11-12 yr olds and is played in Williamsport. We are so excited for our team and hope them the best in Michigan. Even my cousins grandmother is there. We really thought about going but I am starting a long-term sub job on Monday with the school district. Love still keeping in touch with you. How is Rae? /Getting ready for school?

Awesome about your cousin's family!!!! Even Grandma... That's so cool. I hope you keep me up on it... I love baseball... That would be a really long trip and with school right around the corner... Rae is ready for school to start it's her senior year!!!!!!!! I'm so excited.. School starts monday the 22nd... So just one more week although we play football next friday in Kileen I think... But I don't think we go.

Looks like it's going to be a Disney trip not a cruise in January.. I'm really excited though... Love Disney!!! Plus I get to see my oldest son, he lives in Orlando...

Keep me posted on the ball team..

Carolyn

• 5 months later...

I am a little late to the party but I wanted to add my praise for this wonderful trip report!! Seeing such a wonderful and loving bond between mother and daughter is so much fun to read about!!!

Awesome job Carolyn!! I would love to be on a cruise with the Sunshine Girls! (that would be you and Rae!!)

thanks so much for sharing your trip and for doing such a great job writing it! It isn't easy to write detailed trip reports. There is actually a lot of proof reading and editing that goes into them! So thanks for taking time out of your life to share with us!! :)

I am a little late to the party but I wanted to add my praise for this wonderful trip report!! Seeing such a wonderful and loving bond between mother and daughter is so much fun to read about!!!

Awesome job Carolyn!! I would love to be on a cruise with the Sunshine Girls! (that would be you and Rae!!)

thanks so much for sharing your trip and for doing such a great job writing it! It isn't easy to write detailed trip reports. There is actually a lot of proof reading and editing that goes into them! So thanks for taking time out of your life to share with us!! :)

Thank you so much for reading it...

Yes you can cruise with Rae and I anytime... We might even bring the guys along...

Carolyn

Archived