Will we be allowed off the ship in Ensenada?

martinchem

We are going on the 01/20/12, 15 day Hawaii round trip from San Deigo. I see that Carnival has changed the time in Ensenada to 6PM to 11PM (5 hours) from 8PM to 11 PM (3 hours), do you think they will allow us off the ship or just do the Jones Act thingy? I didn't think they'd be there long enough to allow passengers off when we booked it but now with 5 hours there it leaves me wondering...

Yes, you should be able to get off the ship when you dock in Ensenada. We had the same thing happen to us when we went to Alaska on Spirit last August - 5 hour docking in Victoria BC to comply with the Jones Act.

Yes, you should be able to get off the ship when you dock in Ensenada. We had the same thing happen to us when we went to Alaska on Spirit last August - 5 hour docking in Victoria BC to comply with the Jones Act.

Sorry, new cruiser here.....what is the Jones Act? I too noticed for my upcoming cruise that we are doing the few hour stop in Victoria and thought it was kind of weird.

Thanks!

There might be excursions available but for 3 hours why bother? The only exception might be for the winery tour but I do not think 3 hours is enough time for that.

I am one of the very few on this website that actually enjoys Ensenada and if I'm saying 'why bother' take note of that.

If it was 6 hours I would have no problem getting off the ship because I know where I am going. If it is dark stay onboard or take an excursion. At the pier there is a crafts building with decent pricing.

On Avenida Lopez there are many shops and such and several decent to good restaurants that can be walked to in 10-20 minutes.

Sorry, new cruiser here.....what is the Jones Act? I too noticed for my upcoming cruise that we are doing the few hour stop in Victoria and thought it was kind of weird.

Thanks!

The Jones act has something to do with shipping freight. The PVSA is what they meant.

Bill

Archived