**OFFICIAL** Brand New Carnival BREEZE B2B 12/2/12 & 12/8/12 ** REDUCED DEPOSIT!!!

lovecruzing

Yes, you can book es through Johna but my understanding is with es and the group cruise, you would lose the OBC. I will double check that with Johna and get back to you but I know initially when I was contemplating doing the group cruise with just my friends and family, that was one of the questions that was answered for me but it doesn't hurt to double check.

I did my full deposit today for the 4 of us for the Dec 8th sailing as I wanted a specific OV cabin and I did the past guest rate so that I can get my OBC and even as I was sending the email to her, I told her to book me with the past guest rate and not the es as I wanted to get my OBC. Also, with a group, other things come into play so it's not just the price we may see on carnival's site that would apply -- I guess that's why we have Johna to answer questions for us.

So, I will have her give me a proper explanation so I can relate back to you guys.

Maybe there is some restriction with transferring ES on a previously booked cruise.

I know we can switch our to ES, after we make the full deposit. I will probably make that move next spring.

OK, thanks! That is what I though as well! I like ES because rates are low, and I have never had to change anything after I have booked.

Yes, you can book es through Johna but my understanding is with es and the group cruise, you would lose the OBC. I will double check that with Johna and get back to you but I know initially when I was contemplating doing the group cruise with just my friends and family, that was one of the questions that was answered for me but it doesn't hurt to double check.

Yes, thats what she told me, if I want to switch to ES I would lose the OBC. But in most cases the price difference is worth it. I will probably do the full deposit next month and pick my cabin.

I did my full deposit today for the 4 of us for the Dec 8th sailing as I wanted a specific OV cabin and I did the past guest rate so that I can get my OBC and even as I was sending the email to her, I told her to book me with the past guest rate and not the es as I wanted to get my OBC. Also, with a group, other things come into play so it's not just the price we may see on carnival's site that would apply -- I guess that's why we have Johna to answer questions for us.

So, I will have her give me a proper explanation so I can relate back to you guys.

Since I will be traveling solo, the obc that I would get is half of what everyone else gets, so it is better for me to do ES.

Yes, thats what she told me, if I want to switch to ES I would lose the OBC. But in most cases the price difference is worth it. I will probably do the full deposit next month and pick my cabin.

I just checked an email that Johna had sent to me in response to one of the many questions that I had prior to booking, and that is what she told me too. I won't be able to pay my full deposit on both cruises until November, so I am hoping that the cabin that I want will still be available. If not, no biggy.

I just checked an email that Johna had sent to me in response to one of the many questions that I had prior to booking, and that is what she told me too. I won't be able to pay my full deposit on both cruises until November, so I am hoping that the cabin that I want will still be available. If not, no biggy.

Im looking at a porthole 1A cabin.

Im looking at a porthole 1A cabin.

I had one of those on my last cruise, and I loved it. On my next cruise I am trying on of the Interior with the obstructed view on the Panaroma deck. As long as I can see outside I am fine, but I don't think I can do a true interior. I am a little bit claustrophobic.

I am sure you all know that you can buy the FCC on your cruises to put towards your next cruise which will give you even more OBC. Just mentioning this for perhaps the one person who may not know this info.

Yes, thanks. The only thing that I don't like about the obc is that it is split between all the passengers in the cabin. So the friend that is cruising with me in May 2012, now has $50 of my obc on her account. I hope I don't have a hard time explaining to her why she will owe me $50 when we board. That is not a good way to begin a trip. I would hate to have to throw her overboard over $50 :p

I had one of those on my last cruise, and I loved it. On my next cruise I am trying on of the Interior with the obstructed view on the Panaroma deck. As long as I can see outside I am fine, but I don't think I can do a true interior. I am a little bit claustrophobic.

On our earlier cruises all we did were inside cabins and then we tried a balcony on our first carnival cruise on the Liberty and liked the fact that we could sleep with the door open (even though you are not supposed to) and hear the water splash against the ship at night but I did not like the fact that smoke came into the cabin. We then tried the ov and now don't think I could go back to the inside. Also, I will chose an ov on deck 1 vs deck 2 as I really like to look and and see the water right there.

Once I save up the $$ I will do my full deposit for the dec 2 sailing, keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to get the same cabin as what I got for the 8th sailing.

Yes, thanks. The only thing that I don't like about the obc is that it is split between all the passengers in the cabin. So the friend that is cruising with me in May 2012, now has $50 of my obc on her account. I hope I don't have a hard time explaining to her why she will owe me $50 when we board. That is not a good way to begin a trip. I would hate to have to throw her overboard over $50 :p

Gwen, I would just explain to her what the deal is before you even get on board so that there is no surprises for her.

On our earlier cruises all we did were inside cabins and then we tried a balcony on our first carnival cruise on the Liberty and liked the fact that we could sleep with the door open (even though you are not supposed to) and hear the water splash against the ship at night but I did not like the fact that smoke came into the cabin. We then tried the ov and now don't think I could go back to the inside. Also, I will chose an ov on deck 1 vs deck 2 as I really like to look and and see the water right there.

Once I save up the $$ I will do my full deposit for the dec 2 sailing, keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to get the same cabin as what I got for the 8th sailing.

I have never had an inside cabin, I went from an ov to a balcony, and I loved the balcony, but I also realize that it is really not worth the money to get the balcony if you are not going to spend a lot of time out there. I like to be on the lido or at least where the majority of people are hanging out. I am not the type of person that has to have a balcony just so I can say that I have one. I like to say that I spent xx amount of dollars for my cruise and someone else spent xxxx amount of dollars for the same cruise.

I am going to pay the balance for both of the cruises at the same time and I hope to be able to get the same cabin for each leg.

Good Morning Breezer's!

Gwen... hope all is well. I see the hurricane is now a category 1.

Question about the FCC: If I was to buy one on our next cruise....can you use them on a cruise that is already booked or do you have to use them for a new booking? I really need to read up about these as I have never purchased one.

I have never had an inside cabin, I went from an ov to a balcony, and I loved the balcony, but I also realize that it is really not worth the money to get the balcony if you are not going to spend a lot of time out there.

We always book an inside room. We are only in the room to sleep and shower and stay by the pool or hot tubs most of the day.

Morning Breezers. I am around, was up early and went for my weekend walk with my girl friend from 6:30 to 8:30 then took the kids swimming, then breakfast and just got back in and heading out again.

Eddie, you can purchase the FCC on your upcoming cruise and put it towards any future cruise. I plan on buying 2 more on my upcoming cruise and putting it towards my cruises next year.

Catch up with you guys later.

Good Morning Breezer's!

Gwen... hope all is well. I see the hurricane is now a category 1.

Question about the FCC: If I was to buy one on our next cruise....can you use them on a cruise that is already booked or do you have to use them for a new booking? I really need to read up about these as I have never purchased one.

Thanks! All is well here in Fayettevile, NC. There is damage along the coast, but it is not as bad as it could have been. It is still very windy and overcast here, so I am going to stay in today. Hopefully Irene will dissipate as she travels up the East coast.

As far as the FCC's go, I am not sure if you can use them on a cruise that has already been booked. I have seen posts that go both ways on that, but it certainly cannot hurt to try. That is what I plan to do.

We always book an inside room. We are only in the room to sleep and shower and stay by the pool or hot tubs most of the day.

I understand that. I don't spend much time in the room either. Once I leave in the morning, I am prepared to stay out for the majority of the day. I don't care for the pool or the hot tubs, but I do enjoy being on the lido, or at least near it so I can people watch while I read/nap/listen to music.

Archived