Allure review (7/3-7/10) Pajarito!!!

I was also onboard this sailing and watched the Love and Marriage game on the TV in our cabin. Later in the cruise, we overheard Ken Rush, the Cruise Director, mention that a passenger jokingly suggested RCl name their next ship the "Pajarito of the Seas"

We went to Rita's Fiesta on Thursday and agree the Mexican food was just so-so. We were with a 14 yr old girl and an 11 yr old girl. The first hour was fun with line dancing and limbo. During the second hour of the Fiesta, the Margarita's must have kicked in because several passengers had lewd behavior during the dance contest. One of the bartenders did an inappropriate dance involving a bottle of wine and his "Pajarito". The two girls were embarrassed and we felt Royal Caribbean should mention the Fiesta may not be appropriate for kids when making the reservation.

We did the zip line on the ship which was fun.

I agree that the port in Falmouth will be very nice when complete. We saw many of the shows and thought Chicago, Ocean Aria, and Blue Planet were very good. I didn't go to the Comedy show but heard from others in our group that it was hillarious.

Funny you mention about someone saying that the next new ship should be named "Pajarito of the Seas". That was my 7-year old son!! He came up with the idea himseld and went up to Ken Rush before the Blue Planet show. Ken thought that was hilarious and asked us if it was ok if he called him up after the show! Very funny!

As for Rita's, the night we attended, there was plenty of fun dancing, but nothing lewd like what you experienced. Glad because our 7-year old joined us at dessert time since the kid's club ended it's session at 10pm!

Glad you had a great time. It was a fun week on board! Can't wait for our next cruise!

My family of 8 also were on the Allure sailing 7/3/2011

Your review was spot on but I thought I would add some of my own insight and opinion.

Like everyone said embarkation was a breeze if you don’t get a confused check-in agent.

After checking-in they want to take your picture, normally I usually by-pass them but did not this time. I was pre warned by my daughter. With your picture they record you sea pass. In the photo gallery everything is computerized so all pictures taken during the week are matched against your original picture by a computer and put into a book. Each person has their own book with the number assigned on your sea pass.

I agree that the Park Café in Central Park has great lunch and snacks. You can sit indoor (air conditioned) are outside in Central Park which is very pleasant with bird chirping.

The food in the MDR was good but nothing exceptional. Our waiter and head waiter were very attentive could not do enough for us.

I agree with you on Rita’s Fiesta, food was fair, far from good but lots of it. But then I had the same experience as Writersblock15, passengers started doing lewd dancing. You can tell they were lubricated with Margarita’s. You do get your $10.00 or $20.00 worth in food and drinks.

I saw the show Chicago in New York and thought they did an excellent job on the ship. Talking to the cast members they said that some scenes and songs were shorted due to time.

The comedy show was hilarious don’t miss it. 17 year old must be with and adult and under 17 not permitted.

The Blue Planet was a good technical show but I think we all expected something more

I had a few hot dogs at the hot dog hut and loved the Coney Island ones. Crew told me that it was a Nathans of Coney Island.

The ship itself is unbelievable with the Board Walk and Central Park, their were many times we forgot we were on a ship and felt like we were at a land resort or sitting in a park.

TIPS:

Elevators are terrible, they have 12 elevators at each end of the ship and they all seem to be going the same way which is opposite of the way you want to go. The distance between the front and stern elevators is long and far. Taking a cabin near the elevator will not help much as you will have to walk to opposite end for many activities. If you have trouble walking I suggest an electric scooter.

Guest services appears to be unable to handle the number of people and is overwhelmed.

Try and plan your shows before hand and make reservations, but this is not always possible. We had to cancel our comedy show to go to Rita’s Fiesta but then our Blue Planet was cancelled due to a technical problem. So we got into the standby line for the comedy show and made it in.

Try and do Zip lining, and Flow Rider on port day when it is less crowded.

If you are a Diamond Plus or Suite guest the concierge in the concierge lounge will mark you sea pass allowing priority in the standby line. I was not aware of this until the last day.

It is hard to imagine what Royal Craibbean can do to top this ship

Archived