Renaming Staff

ahoyguy

I was wondering if anybody else felt the same way as I do about the staff titles and uniforms. Before, anyone who took care of you was a steward. Room stewards who did more than just clean the room, deck stewards by the pool who directed you to a chair and got you settled in, and dining room stewards who remembered all the little details. Now the housekeepers are called "stewards" and those in suites have "butlers"...which are actually stewards with the wrong uniform/title and incorrect ill-fitting white gloves. Its a ship...not Grantleigh Manor. And in the dining room we now have servers and SAs. Why aren't they in their short white coats and black pants? And on deck, in shorts and Hawai'ian shirts. Ugh! Even the cruise directors staff has gotten sloppy. White pants and blue blazer (double breasted of course) is always correct except in colder climates when they change to navy pants. I don't want to go on a vacation and see such sloppiness. I see enough of that here in my home town. A cruise needs to be special and when you can't tell the crew from the passengers, well then something is terribly wrong. Of course now days, even when fitted with incorrect uniforms, the crew is often dressed better than my fellow passengers and that is truly a shame.

Archived