Splendor boarding time

Hobie

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already. I did a search but couldn't find the answer.

Under normal circumstances, what is a good time to arrive at the Long Beach port and when does the Splendor start boarding? The Carnival web page says boarding begins at 1:30 p.m. but I'm almost certain passengers will be allowed to board before then.

Thanks for your help.

I've sailed out of LB three times and I have found it to be hit or miss as to when you can board. We've boarded as early as 11:30 and as late as 1 (all times being in lower boarding groups). A lot depends on how quickly customs is moving people through. Last sailing, we didn't debark until 10:30 and we were in Zone 1. Embarkation started pretty late for folks that day.

From most everything I have read (and experienced on my past cruises), they start boarding around between 11:30 and noon. Of course, if you get there at 11:30, you most likely will be given a boarding zone card which won't get you on the ship until later. To get a zone 1 boarding zone card, it seems like most people arrive between 9:30-10:30. Of course, anything could happen that might delay boarding, so these times are assuming the ship is on time arriving into port, and that there are no other complications that are out of the ordinary.

Last 2 trips we arrived at 10:15am and were on the ship a little before noon. They call the last debark numbers at 10-10:30 so you have to wait for them and there has been a half hour delay due to wedding parties being let on first.

Archived