Question: Exact location of "Greenmount" in Southampton

ILUVBDA2

I am returning to Bermuda on July 24 and would love to locate the home I once lived in (Greenmount). My dad was stationed at the U.S. Navy Station between 1955-1965. I remember the house was very near the Navy Dump, it was between the intersection of South Shore and Middle Rd and before Whale Bay Rd.

I have a fairly detailed map of Bermda and am hoping someone living in Bermuda can tell me the name of the Road 'Greenmount" is located on.

This is my third cruise back to Bermuda in recent years and so far I haven't been able to find the house.

Thanks for you help.

Linda

Oh my goodness, this is such a small world - that house is in my neighbourhood! The house you are looking for is located at #5 Lukes Pond Drive. It's actually 3 apartments now but still looks like one house.

If you are catching the bus, ask the driver to let you off at the stop for Whale Bay. Walk eastbound along the road for a minute and you will see a blue flat-roofed house on your right (you should able to see it from the bus stop, that's how close it is). Next to that flat roofed house is a road called Lukes Pond Road - that's the road you want. Once you turn onto that road, you should see Greenmount right in front of you.

Enjoy your visit!

sousak78,

Thanks for your help. Back when I lived there there were not road names, plus you could see the house from the north road. Two years ago when I was there I went by there on the bus and couldn't see the house. I'll be sure to mark the location on the map.

Once again, thank you.

Linda

Archived