Camp Carnival Costs $$$

smc0320

Unless there is some new pricing, the Camp Carnival is included in the price of the cruise....some activities like Build a Bear cost extra.

What What WWWHHHAAATTTT???? I really thought there was a daily charge or something.....then why don't people use it more? Though, I rarley have seen many kids on our cruises anyway. We have a 2.5 year old foster child we are seriosuly considering bringing with us and I just wanted him to have fun with other kids,,,and was worried about what our options were if we did an "adventurous" shore excursion....and I want my time by the pool....so this is AWESOME to hear because I thought it might be cost prohibitive.

thanks

There is a cost for the late night program.

The regular during the day program is free. It is customary to tip at the end of the cruise.

Find out the hours of operation. I do not know if the club is open for the whole day or if there are morning and afternoon hours with a break for lunch.

No charge until 10pm and then its $6 per hour. People do use it alot at various times especialy on sea days. Children that age are not allowed to leave the camp so they dont parade them around the ship which may be why you havent seen them. You drop them off at a half door, no parents are allowed inside the room for the safety of the other children. You are given a pager or cell phone so they can contact you at all times.

10 years ago, they only had to be 2, and they did not need to be potty trained. From what I've read here, that hasn't changed. I'm sure someone who has used them more recently can confirm it.

It used to be that kids in Camp C. needed to be 3 or potty trained to participate in the regular program. Has this changed?

They have never had to be 3 and potty trained. As far as I know, it's always been age 2 and Camp Carnival changes diapers. ;)

What What WWWHHHAAATTTT???? I really thought there was a daily charge or something.....then why don't people use it more? Though, I rarley have seen many kids on our cruises anyway. We have a 2.5 year old foster child we are seriosuly considering bringing with us and I just wanted him to have fun with other kids,,,and was worried about what our options were if we did an "adventurous" shore excursion....and I want my time by the pool....so this is AWESOME to hear because I thought it might be cost prohibitive.

thanks

Just make sure all your paperwork is covered as far as the foster child is concerned. You will need permission from the courts and every shred of documentation. If you don't have these things, they can, and will, deny boarding, and you won't get a refund. My TA has foster children and he played "hell" trying to get clearance from the courts to take the kids on a cruise. He told me it took more than 3 months to get things in order. It was fairly easy for one child, but for the other, it was a nightmare. So, just make sure you've got your ducks in a row and don't get caught without everything you need.

Just make sure all your paperwork is covered as far as the foster child is concerned. You will need permission from the courts and every shred of documentation. If you don't have these things, they can, and will, deny boarding, and you won't get a refund. My TA has foster children and he played "hell" trying to get clearance from the courts to take the kids on a cruise. He told me it took more than 3 months to get things in order. It was fairly easy for one child, but for the other, it was a nightmare. So, just make sure you've got your ducks in a row and don't get caught without everything you need.

Yes, we already know about what we need to have....but I will double & triple check everything. The only think I don't know, which I only just thought about Friday, is about leaving the kid in Camp Carnival. Technically, we can't evenleave them with friends or family for a few hours....everyone they are left with has to have fingerprints done & background checks...they have to be approved.....I feel like that will be the hardest part. And we will need Camp Carnival for at least 1 port day (Belie City) so I need to know that we can use this service....lots of checking to do!

Yes, we already know about what we need to have....but I will double & triple check everything. The only think I don't know, which I only just thought about Friday, is about leaving the kid in Camp Carnival. Technically, we can't evenleave them with friends or family for a few hours....everyone they are left with has to have fingerprints done & background checks...they have to be approved.....I feel like that will be the hardest part. And we will need Camp Carnival for at least 1 port day (Belie City) so I need to know that we can use this service....lots of checking to do!

My TA just told me he had no problem leaving the three foster kids in the kids camp. He said he spoke to the case worker, and they said there was no problem whatsoever.

And I do believe that the Camp Carnival staff have clearances, but you could check on that. It should be OK. I work at family court and I know that foster parents have their kids in day care centers, and camp, so it should be considered the same thing. Also, as long as you have your permission to travel from the courts or the legal guardians/bio-parents (if that's possible) and your documenation as the foster parents, you should be fine.

Have fun!! what an exciting experience for all of you! And, yes, Camp Carnival is FREE!!

You might want to make sure you can leave the child in camp while you are on a shore excursion. I thought you have to be onboard to leave them but I could be wrong.

On port days they have special hours (pretty early in the morning) until dinner time where parents/guardians can go on shore and leave the kids in camp carnival. We did it with our 5 year old 2 years ago because "I don't want to go on the island, I want to go to the kids club" was what she told us. We only went on land to do some shopping and were back on the ship in 2 hours. We stopped by, told them we were back and then went on our way to the pool because she was having too much fun!

Archived