Thomson website

I have been trying to price numerous cruises and stay on Thompson's website all I get is search timed out try again I've e-mailed Thomson about the problem but no reply has anybody else had the same problem with Thomsons website?

The a price on the website is supposed to be discounted against the shop price so before I book I just liked to see if I'm getting a good deal against the travel agents price.

aujme

I have been trying to price numerous cruises and stay on Thompson's website all I get is search timed out try again I've e-mailed Thomson about the problem but no reply has anybody else had the same problem with Thomsons website?

The a price on the website is supposed to be discounted against the shop price so before I book I just liked to see if I'm getting a good deal against the travel agents price.

aujme

Hi aujme,

I take it your not getting as far as cruise options page,page after you select your cabin as your total price should be displayed there before you enter personal details?I have just tried and not experiencing any problems

For the record,yes Thomson are supposed to be discounted against the shop price in fact Thomsons prices go up and down like stocks and shares but Thomson online or Thomson TA have never beaten any price i have been quoted by other TA`s including Barrhead Travel and Tam Cook

I've just tried and not experienced any problem either, so I hope you manage to get there in the end.

I always look on the internet to find a holiday, once I find the one I want, I print it off complete with prices, and go to my travel agent and say if you can match the price of the holiday then you can have my business, so far they have always matched it.

It gives me the best price and keeps the local travel agent in business!!

I booked my cruise on-line, but wouldn,t do it again. You can,t check your booking on-line, if you have any queries you have to phone up, which is a pain, they are always busy. The Thomsons shop will match the on-line price that you have been quoted. :)

Our webiste working ok too, hope you get sorted. My husband has just booked a cruise on the Destiny for Sept (soooooo excited) and booked via the TA, they eventually agreed to match the web price (after much faffing about on the calculator, no idea why!) but they wanted to charge £10 pp admin fee to book in the shop, not heard of that before? Needless to say my husband said no chance, we would have booked online otherwise. They waived the fee in the end! :)

Deb

I booked my cruise on-line, but wouldn,t do it again. You can,t check your booking on-line, if you have any queries you have to phone up, which is a pain, they are always busy. The Thomsons shop will match the on-line price that you have been quoted. :)

Booked our next cruise on line . Can't check it online but you can e-mail & they do respond.

Hi aujme,"

I take it your not getting as far as cruise options page,page after you select your cabin as your total price should be displayed there before you enter personal details?I have ust tried and not experiencing any problems

For the record,yes Thomson are supposed to be discounted against the shop price in fact Thomsons prices go up and down like stocks and shares but Thomson online or Thomson TA have never beaten any price i have been quoted by other TA`s including Barrhead Travel and Tam Cook

Hi Jim,

HI aujme sounds very andaluz? Why? We live in Andalucia. Are you here as well?

How do you put previous cruise below posts? Bit silly I know but I am getting fed up with trying.

Fern

Hi Fern,

Click your usrname/notifications which opens your control panel

Under Settings and Options select edit signature and put your previous cruises in the window that opens then select save and that should be that..In additional options/miscellanous options the show signature box needs to be ticked.If you have any probs get back to me as this is a bit of a rushed post as I`ve got tatties on the boil :D

our thomsons shop wouldn,t match the internet price, told me they weren,t allowed to do that!!!! but coop travel would.... from now on i,m booking it myself online, not so much flaffing about....easy :)

It is very easy to book on-line, the problems arise when you try to contact them, best to phone in the evening as they are not so busy then, but if you happen to have an evening job it,s a bit of a pest. I found sending them an e-mail very hit and miss, sometimes they reply, but not as quickly as I,d like. Thomson,s shops are definately allowed to match internet prices. I have been in today to pay my balance, as I wanted to pay part in cash, and they confirmed this. ;)

Here is a little info for anyone who is interested, and it can all be done from home.

Last year I had trouble booking a late cruise online due to bank changing my debit card to Mastercard and Thomsons site did not recognise it (kept wanting to take credit card charge:eek:).

I eventually phoned the number quoted in the brochure and found I was talking to CruiseDeals who, like Thomson, are part of Tui. Holiday and other details satisfactorily done I was given the operators name and direct number for any other matters which may arise, including booking further holidays.

We did Transatlantic Sunrise (Destiny) in April 2011, three days after arriving home I booked Mediterranean Crossing (Spirit) for April 2012, and last weekend I booked a cruise for this October (Island Escape).

I phoned the same operator every time and if they were busy my call was returned quickly once they were free. I had done my homework on price, cabin, etc. before phoning and on all three occasions they beat Thomsons online price by an acceptable sum and I was able to have the pleasure of a conversation.:) My experience of the aforementioned bookings was a helpful and friendly operator on every occasion.

aujme - I hope you get your problem sorted out so that you can get browsing.

Here is a little info for anyone who is interested, and it can all be done from home.

Last year I had trouble booking a late cruise online due to bank changing my debit card to Mastercard and Thomsons site did not recognise it (kept wanting to take credit card charge:eek:).

I eventually phoned the number quoted in the brochure and found I was talking to CruiseDeals who, like Thomson, are part of Tui. Holiday and other details satisfactorily done I was given the operators name and direct number for any other matters which may arise, including booking further holidays.

We did Transatlantic Sunrise (Destiny) in April 2011, three days after arriving home I booked Mediterranean Crossing (Spirit) for April 2012, and last weekend I booked a cruise for this October (Island Escape).

I phoned the same operator every time and if they were busy my call was returned quickly once they were free. I had done my homework on price, cabin, etc. before phoning and on all three occasions they beat Thomsons online price by an acceptable sum and I was able to have the pleasure of a conversation.:) My experience of the aforementioned bookings was a helpful and friendly operator on every occasion.

used cruisedeals for the first time this year and they were great, beat thomson price by £25 and flew us from east mids instead of manchester for no extra cost wll use them again and they always called back.

we used cruisedeals for the first time this year and they were great always phoned back and beat thomsons by £25 and flew us from east mids instead of manchester for no extra cost will definately use them again

Thanks for all the help it seems like the problem was my browser I was using firefox I tried it with Explorer and it worked okay,

what I thought was excessive was the price of the drinks package on these cruisers £295 but if you book for 2012 it is included in the price.

aujme

This has been my experience too. Have used this system for five years and it works a treat - you need to have a named contact in case of problems. The direct line is also a free phone number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can ring 'your' contact too to pay the balance when its due to avoid the 0845 number and 'tree' which is the way it works with the Thomson site.

• 4 weeks later...

HI Deb,

I asked around the TA and left them with all the details as they are usually busy. Never heard a thing from neither Barrhead Travel nor Thomson. Thomas Cook was the first to return the call and they weren't too much higher than online quote. First Choice also got back to me and they said they would match the internet price but, like you said, wanted the £10 pp admin fee :confused: so decided that it's a bit of a scam as it wasn't really a match with the online quote (we did the same with our last holiday and they never took the admin cost otherwise as there was 10 of us it could have been £100)??? However although we thought of asking them to waive the fee, we decided because they were trying to pull a fly one on us we would just book online!

p.s. Enjoy your trip ;)

Our webiste working ok too, hope you get sorted. My husband has just booked a cruise on the Destiny for Sept (soooooo excited) and booked via the TA, they eventually agreed to match the web price (after much faffing about on the calculator, no idea why!) but they wanted to charge £10 pp admin fee to book in the shop, not heard of that before? Needless to say my husband said no chance, we would have booked online otherwise. They waived the fee in the end! :)

Deb

HI Deb,

I asked around the TA and left them with all the details as they are usually busy. Never heard a thing from neither Barrhead Travel nor Thomson. Thomas Cook was the first to return the call and they weren't too much higher than online quote. First Choice also got back to me and they said they would match the internet price but, like you said, wanted the £10 pp admin fee :confused: so decided that it's a bit of a scam as it wasn't really a match with the online quote (we did the same with our last holiday and they never took the admin cost otherwise as there was 10 of us it could have been £100)??? However although we thought of asking them to waive the fee, we decided because they were trying to pull a fly one on us we would just book online!

p.s. Enjoy your trip ;)

The admin fee charge is a bit naughty isn't it. Think we'll stick to internet booking from now on! Def going to try cruise deals next time though, worth shopping around. Oops, not been on this cruise yet and already thinking about the next :p

Archived