Which Ship?

jfadra

Would anyone be able to tell me which ship used to stop at Milne Bay in New Guinea...I think we we went on the Fairstar or the Pacific Sky and it may have been called the Coral Sea Cruise leaving from Sydney.If I remember correctly this cruise was about late August each year. Approximate year would also be helpfull.:)

Would anyone be able to tell me which ship used to stop at Milne Bay in New Guinea...I think we we went on the Fairstar or the Pacific Sky and it may have been called the Coral Sea Cruise leaving from Sydney.If I remember correctly this cruise was about late August each year. Approximate year would also be helpfull.:)

Hi,

Both Fairstar and Fair Princess both used to call at Milne Bay - not sure that Pacific Sky ever did, but I am at work at the moment so I can't check the brochures for her early seasons.

The cruises that Fairstar and Fair Princesswould offer were generally up to Vanuatu, across via Honiara to PNG and then back down the coast. It all got too hard when political problems erupted in the Solomans and cut out the Honiara calls and this was followed up with an outbreak of Typhoid on Fair Princess after a PNG call and the attendand bad publicity, the issue was traced to poorly prepared food ashore.

I know for a fact that one early Pacific Sky cruise was going in that general direction as I had initially booked on it, however I am fairly certain that the PNG portion was already droped and the final straw for me was when Honiara was removed and I cancelled.

Hope this helps.

Archived