baggage weight

harpos

im flying from genoa to munich then to the us.i was wondering since i am originating from europe what the weight limit is on your luggage.i am flying air dolomiti to munich,i checked there web site but there site is not working right. thanks dan

Most of the airlines in Europe seem to have a 20kg checked in baggage limit with 10kg for hand luggage.Some also specify measurements as well. I did notice ,however,that the no frills airlines like Ryan Air have a 15kg weight restriction and I believe the overweight penanlties are high. I'm afraid I don't know the restriction for your airline,perhaps someone will come up with the answer,but it probably be in the range I have quoted. Mary:)

Dan and Cheryl - Well I managed to get on to the Air Dolomiti web site and when I followed their lead to the Baggage Allowances - it took me to a Lufthansa site.

The info is pretty complicated and not totally clear. I will e-mail you with the notes I made.

Hope it will be of some help!

Barry

Have you been able to get clarification on the areas of confusion?

If the 64kg each should prove to be correct then you are lucky lucky lucky!!

There are so many struggling with 20kg!!

the airline emailed me back an the way i take it since the flight originates in europe it is 20 kgs, if it was in the US it would be 32 kgs.i wonder what the cost is for overweight baggage is.ill bet it isnt cheap.

Archived