White water rafting at Denali

cjsquaredancer

I thought that our travel agent booked our white water rafting but he didn't. Can anyone suggest the best rafting trip. One that is exciting and not boring. We rafted the New River in W. Virginia and we are hoping to have the same exciting rapids or as close to them as possible. Any suggestion? :rolleyes:

I thought that our travel agent booked our white water rafting but he didn't. Can anyone suggest the best rafting trip. One that is exciting and not boring. We rafted the New River in W. Virginia and we are hoping to have the same exciting rapids or as close to them as possible. Any suggestion? :rolleyes:

We rafted the canyon run with Denali raft adventures. When we were there last month it was mostly class II and III rapids. We enjoyed ourselves and definietly though it was exciting.

Princess excursions lists the class III and IV white rafting as strenuous. If the guide is paddling and you are sitting, what is strenuous? My wife and I are interested in trying it out as we haven't done it before. But, we don't want to hold everyone up because of something we can't do. Is it purely because of the excitement level?.....

Princess excursions lists the class III and IV white rafting as strenuous. If the guide is paddling and you are sitting, what is strenuous? My wife and I are interested in trying it out as we haven't done it before. But, we don't want to hold everyone up because of something we can't do. Is it purely because of the excitement level?.....

The class level depends on the water level so it may not always be class III and Class IV. There was one class IV but our guide steered very clear of it! I would not say it's strenous at all. Contact the guides directly instead of using princess and they can answer any questions/concerns you have. Our rafting was 11 miles long and we hit a couple class III where we had to hang on but it's over so quick and as long as you hang on it's fine. Strenuous to me implies self paddling through all Class III and above rapids which is not the case.

Archived