Dream/Legend Concerns

nikkinoo1011

I just returned from a trip on The Dream. It was awesome, except for the rocking. I am prone to motion sickness, but this ship moves more than any I've ever been on. I am looking at The Legend Western Caribbean. Does this ship rock as much as The Dream? I could stand in the gathering and watch the horizon go up and down. Anyone with experiences on The Legend?

It's the luck of the draw-all depends on weather conditions when you are at sea. I'm not prone to sea-sickness so it would have to get really, really rough to affect me. I've been on the Legend twice-going again in oct.-and never had a problem.

pat

We were on the Legend for the 10/31/2010 cruise and hit the tail end of Hurricane Tomas. We missed Grand Cayman due to high wind and rough waves. We had rough seas but all was fine on the ship. The only time I noticed any motion at all was way aft when we were seated in the MDR. We just took some Bonine and were fine. Our room was deck 6 just forward of the aft elevators and we didn't feel a thing. I am motion sickness prone as well and did just fine.

Just got off the Dream on the July 2nd sailing. The rolls were less then five degrees and I kind of enjoyed them. The worst I ever experienced was 30 and 40 for several days in a row while in the navy, now that was fun:)LOL

Been on both.

The Dream is a ROLLER. Our one cruise on her... had very smooth seas, and there was STILL rockin' and rollin' on a constant basis. And our cabin was mid-ship !!!

Legend and Pride are smooth sailing. Been on 4 cruises, and regardless of conditions.......very smooth compared to Dream......by far.

It all depends on the seas you get. When we sailed the Dream, the ship could not have been more smoothe. I had to look outside to see if we were actually moving at all. It was that gentle.

However, some ships are designed to handle rough seas better than others. The Legend is a Spirit class ship, and that class of ship is the best of all Carnival classes, regarding being able to handle rough seas the best. So if your Legend (or Spirit, Pride, or Miracle) cruise is rocking alot, then the Dream or any other Carnival ship would've been rocking more in the same seas. Always bring Bonine or whatever seasickness treatment works best for you, just in case. Check online for other seasick-prevention suggestions. Many say to look out at the water. Even Pepsi/Coke has been mentioned as helpful.

I just returned from a trip on The Dream. It was awesome, except for the rocking. I am prone to motion sickness, but this ship moves more than any I've ever been on. I am looking at The Legend Western Caribbean. Does this ship rock as much as The Dream? I could stand in the gathering and watch the horizon go up and down. Anyone with experiences on The Legend?

We have been on both ships and didn't notice any rocking at all. It could have been rough seas that caused the rocking though. If that is the case, rough seas, any ship will rock to a certain extent. You should be OK on the Legend though. It is a smaller ship.

Just got off the Dream on the July 2nd sailing. The rolls were less then five degrees and I kind of enjoyed them. The worst I ever experienced was 30 and 40 for several days in a row while in the navy, now that was fun:)LOL

LOL, you bus drivers always knew how to take us on a roller coaster.;):D

We've been on the Legend 3 times. All 3 cruises were great but on one we were in a tropical depression with near hurricane winds. The ship rocked and rolled for a day and a half and we had high winds, howling winds and gray rainy weather. It was a fall cruise and the weather was out of the ship's control. We left a port early and the ship went around the weather as much as possible. All the other days were great and except for that time I've never experienced any motion on the Legend.

I too have done both ships, and doubt that there is really any difference. As a matter of fact, we sailed "Dream" on April 9th, and I commented to the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) that I NEVER felt the ship move at all! It was absolutely the smoothest cruise I've ever been on, (and we've done over 120 total cruises!) :eek: "Legend" is also great, and I've never noticed any rough sailings with that ship either? I think it's just like the folks above stated. It's the luck of the draw. Take your Meclizine, or Bonine, and enjoy your cruise. No problem!

"SKY"

I think it's all in what your body can/will tolerate. We had EXTREMELY windy conditions when I was on the Dream last month, and I thought the ship was very stable.:rolleyes: Since the Legend is a similar but smaller design to the Dream, I think the handling conditions would also be similar.

Archived