Blue Lagoon in Nassau?????

BallanceKris

We want to do the Blue Lagoon on our own. And I thought I had read where some people have done this... Anyone done the Blue Lagoon on there own, if so what did you do. Could you just get off the boat and take a water taxi over? How much was it? Thanks in advance.

We have done it a few times as well. I don't remember the exact fees for the taxi/water taxi to Paradise Island...maybe $4 or 5pp each way....but then you have to take another boat from the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal to Blue Lagoon. These boats only leave at 8:30, 10:30, 1:30 and 3:30 The last time we were there, I remember figuring out it was about the same to go with the cruiseline (RCCL) and FASTER to get there because you didn't have to stop at Paradise Island. Just a thought.

We did the blue lagoon off the Celebration on 3/19. It was beautiful!! Only issue was that tide was coming in in snorkel area so they wouldn't let you under a bridge were alll the lil' fishies were:(.

We paid $39 pp thru Carnival (did the one that included the snorkel gear already). Took about 45 min. to get there on this impossibly decrepit looking boat!! But hey, it stayed afloat long enough for us to go and come back - what else matters? LOL

You'll enjoy it! They gave us two options on comeback times (we left ship @ 9:30am) 2pm or 4pm.

You could email them. Just ask them how much it is to get from the ferry terminal to the island and ask them if they know what the cabfare is from the ship to Paradise Island. I think $29 is reasonable......and you will get to spend more of your time actually on the island.

Here is there site:

http://www.dolphinswims.com/

I found this on cabs:

http://www.bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/Nassau_Taxi_Fares_2004.html

The Blue Lagoon is great, except for the food. When I was there in June, there was only one food stand with a 45 minute line for poorly cooked, overpriced burgers, chicken strips, and cold french fries for about $10 each. If you don't like greasy food, I would suggest that you bring your own. Depending on your port time, you will probably be there from morning to mid afternoon.

Archived