Galveston Hotels

kayleesmeme

Starting to look for hotels in Galveston that offer free parking with their stay. Would love to hear suggestions and how you liked your stay at that hotel. There are so many to choose from. I have searched the galveston.com site and a few other sites but I would like to hear from my CC friends on their stays. Thanks so much!!!

Starting to look for hotels in Galveston that offer free parking with their stay. Would love to hear suggestions and how you liked your stay at that hotel. There are so many to choose from. I have searched the galveston.com site and a few other sites but I would like to hear from my CC friends on their stays. Thanks so much!!!

Holiday Inn on The Beach, San Luis Resort and The Hilton all offer free parking and shuttle to and from cruise terminal. We use Holiday Inn, but have conidered the others.

Galveston is my favorite port because we drive down and spend the day before the cruise. We have stayed in many hotels in Galveston and just outside of town. By far the place I stay from this point forward and in the future is the Hilton on the seawall. I know what your thinking lots of money but I usually pay between $89-109 for the night and they have free secure parking for the cruise and free shuttle to and from. Its a great place to stay.

Galveston is my favorite port because we drive down and spend the day before the cruise. We have stayed in many hotels in Galveston and just outside of town. By far the place I stay from this point forward and in the future is the Hilton on the seawall. I know what your thinking lots of money but I usually pay between $89-109 for the night and they have free secure parking for the cruise and free shuttle to and from. Its a great place to stay.

Do you remember what time check in is? I'm staying @ the Hilton the night before my cruise & will be driving in the day before. Booked it because of the free parking. This will be something new for me because my 1st cruise I lived in the subburbs of NOLA(drove my car the parking garage) & my 2nd cruise I drove in 2 and 1/2 hours the day of the cruise & parked @ the Julia St. terminal @ the Port of New Orleans.

We're staying at Harbor House but my plan is to park the car at Park & Cruise the night we get to the hotel & leave our car the duration of the trip. I figure it will cost about $35 and I can walk to both the hotel & the ship.

Thank you !!!! Do you book directly with them or thru someone else?

We're staying at Harbor House but my plan is to park the car at Park & Cruise the night we get to the hotel & leave our car the duration of the trip. I figure it will cost about $35 and I can walk to both the hotel & the ship.

I like the idea of being able to walk to the ship too. When are yall crusing?

The cruise parking lots are locked & not open until the day of a cruise. Park & Cruise charges $30 for a 4-5 day cruise & $40 for a 7 day cruise, if you book in advance. Just don't think it is possible to park your car the night before your cruise. Why not just park at the Harbor House--they will only charge you about $30 & they have a secure lot.

I heard they charge $10/day which wiould be $60. I'll check with them. That would certainly be easier! Thanks!

HH charges $10 a day while you are staying there but then have an additional cruise rate of $20-$30 to leave your car during your cruise. So, should be a total of $30 or $40 depending on your cruise length. At least it was this way last Dec. Also, it is a secure lot--must have a reservation or room key to get through gate. It is very convenient & a short walk to the Carnival pier.

Phil & Debbie,

When you check in register with the valets outside the main door for your shuttle time, they usually start at 10:30/11:00 am, but Mariner will be coming in from a T/A so it might be a little later due to their going thru immigration etc.,

Their shuttle works fine, and the free cruise parking (if you need it) is behind the San Luis.

We are also on the Mariner 11/11/11 but are staying at the Holiday this time :)

We're on your sailing too. I'm on over-load looking at transportation to hotels and reviews. :confused: What Holiday are you staying at?

We booked yesterday at the Harbor Hotel... He promised I would have a ocean view and it was non smoking . So hopefully all will go well. And I will let yall know.:D

Hope this helps!

Your ocean view is subjective in semanics!

You will have a water view,

but you are right on port channel which runs east/west.

The channel is right next to HH. 50 yards or less say.

A view of ocean(gulf) from HH is 3 miles to south on Seawall.

where most of other hotels are and with true ocean views and the beaches.

At HH a view is available of port channel to the major ship channel .......3 or 4 miles a way to the east....... where ships come in on arrival and go to on departure.

And a view is available of channel to west where terminals are and cruise ships can now turn around and dock!

------------------------------

see map for better visual view !

pdficon.gifGalveston Island Map PDF

Download Galveston-area map in PDF Format (note: this is a large, 11' wide, print-quality map, so please be patient):

Galveston (B&W)

Galveston (Color Hi-Resolution)

-------------------------------

Also see galveston.com/interact and discover/galveston web cams

for better views

Phil & Debbie,

When you check in register with the valets outside the main door for your shuttle time, they usually start at 10:30/11:00 am, but Mariner will be coming in from a T/A so it might be a little later due to their going thru immigration etc.,

Their shuttle works fine, and the free cruise parking (if you need it) is behind the San Luis.

Darn! I was hoping to get to the port a little earlier than that. Do you happen to know what a taxi would cost from Hilton to the port? We're wanting to take in The Strand as well considering we've got the whole day before the cruise to hang out in Galveston.

Archived