Upgrade!!

Orgirl69

Just got an email from my travel lady and my daughter and I just got upgraded from a 4A to a 6A cabin on the Elation! Had to tell somebody...WHEEEE!

Ok, next question: What are the odds that we get upgraded again?

-Steph

And good luck on another upgrade, but I cant say what your chances are for another.

I can say that my wife and I sailed Elation last year and loved her.

We booked a GTY on our upcoming cruise on the Glory, I havent seen any upgrade yet. We are 40 days out.

When is your cruise,???? how many days before did you find out ????

Have a blast,,,,I know you will

I wonder what goes into them deciding who gets a upgrade?

Some say depends on rooms left to sell,,, some say they do it for first time cruisers to get them to come back.

I sure would like to see one of thoses great upgrades like Orgirl69

I was told that either they overbooked the inside guarantee cabins, OR they would upgrade already paid passengers so that they could discount the cheaper cabins between now and cruise time. Better to move someone up than leave with empty cabins. I think it also depends on your travel agent/site. I've noticed that several websites are offering two free upgrades and coupon booklets (on Carnival) to fill some remaining cabins on a bunch of their spring itineraries. Good luck...the upgrade fairy was kind to us and hopefully may be kind yet again....here's hoping!

Some say depends on rooms left to sell,,, some say they do it for first time cruisers to get them to come back.

Hmmm.......that's odd because I was told that past guests would get upgrades rather than new ones. Since this is my first one with Carnival, I would LOVE to be one of those to get an upgrade!! I paid off the cruise really early (a year ago) in hopes of upping my chance, but the TA that we worked with (not MY choice, but the company that is sponsoring the group we are with) didn't pass it on to Carnival.

Oh well, at least we have an OV on the Main deck.......M181

Archived