Secere Harbour in St. Thomast anyone been? OR Sapphire Beach?

Linda2433

Trying to decide betwen Secret Harbour in St. Thomas or Sapphire Beach. Anyone been to either and how did you like it? Looking for some water sports for the teenagers and a restaurant/bar bathrooms etc. Any response would be helpful. Posted on the St. Thomas Boards but I don't think people look at those that often, not much of a response. Thanks.

I was on Sapphire Beach and it was beautiful. It was clean, had chairs (possibly for a small fee but I forget)... great place to try snorkeling though I cannot recall if you can rent equipment there - if you get near a bookstore read the Fodor's Caribbean 2004 or 2005 pages on St. Thomas (you probably do not have to buy the book - I did and really could have just read it once in the store!).

You might want to track down Chris on these boards (Life is Cruising) and see his personal webpage... he's been to St. Thomas many times.

We stayed at Secret Harbor for a month way back in 1985. At that time it was beautiful. The area is actually a gorgeous secluded cove/beach that is protected from the wind. If you enter the water and swim to the right, there's gorgeous fish and we actually saw a giant sea turtle with her babies. It was one of the best vacations of my life. I remember a seaside restaurant for dinner and a smaller beach side place for breakfast and lunch. Can't remember anything about restrooms though, sorry. There is a swimming pool set up high overlooking the cove and you walk down stone steps to get to the beach. Secret Harbor is out by Red Hook and will take about an hour give or take to get there. Haven't been there since 85, but I understand it is now a timeshare resort.

Hope this helps.

Went to Sapphire Beach in December (just before Christmas) and loved it. They did have chairs, water loungers, snorkeling equip etc for rent. There is a bar/restaurant, clean bathrooms, a fresh water shower, and a convenient store for ice cream bars and soda. We loved Sapphire!

Archived