Shopping Coupon Book?

nhwwdebbi

Will be on Millie in December, our first Celebrity cruise. Would someone please explain the coupon book you can purchase? thanks Debbi

1998 Imagination
1999 Voyager of Seas
2000 Ocean Princess
2001 Explorer of Seas
2002 Radiance of Seas
2003 Golden Princess & Navigator of Seas
2004 Tahitian Princess
2004 Millenium

IMHO, it's a rip-off. Many of the coupons are individually available on the gangway as you leave for each port. The merchants will give you the same "discount" or better without the coupon, and the "free" stuff you can get is little more than junk.

Galaxy 10/04
Galaxy 3/04
Summit 3/03
Spirit 3/02
Magic 8/00
Magic 8/99
Magic 8/98

It's called The Passport or Passporter. To me it was worth it for the canvas beach bag you get for free for buying it. You get the bag at Del Sol and it's one of those that changes color on the front. The books are mostly good when you are planning a big purchase. The free stuff is mostly junk, but in St Thomas I did save a lot of money on a tennis bracelet using the book. In that case you could not get the same discount without the book because someone in the store saw me use it and wanted the same price, but they wouldn't do it. I was really surprised at that, but was glad since it made it seem worth it to get the book. Of course they could have gone ahead and given them the same price once I left the store, for all I know. There's coupons for everything from free drinks to $$$ off big jewelry purchases.

Terri

Skyward - 1989
Carnivale - 1991
Holiday - 1994
Fantasy - 1998
Century - 2002
Century - 2003
Jubilee - 7/04
Century - 9/04
Coral Princess 3/05

Thanks, that's what I thought but wanted to be sure. D [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

1998 Imagination
1999 Voyager of Seas
2000 Ocean Princess
2001 Explorer of Seas
2002 Radiance of Seas
2003 Golden Princess & Navigator of Seas
2004 Tahitian Princess
2004 Millenium

You might want to ask your TA about these coupon books, also. My TA sent a complimentary one, and when I looked at the one available for purchase, it was almost identical as far as freebies and discounts.

Beth

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;04;04;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
'til the Mediterranea!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;7;8;15;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]
'til the Millennium Mediterranean!

We purchased a "Passport" coupon book on the Zenith this month. In addition to the book, we were given some additional coupons for use on the ship. One saved us $20 on an 8x10 formal portrait, (buy one get one free) and another coupon saved us $50 on artwork we purchased at the art auctions. Not bad for a $20 investment before we hit the first port.....

Barb

[img]http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Animals/Dolphins_and_Whales/Cute_dolphin.gif[/img]

God Bless the USA and those who are fighting for freedom!

Soverign of the Seas 10/00
Monarch of the Seas 10/01
Celebrity/Century 10/02
Celebrity/Century 11/03
Celebrity/Zenith 4/04

We bought the $20 book on the Century in March and I found it worthwhile.

The bag (free) from Del Sol is really nice and worth the price of the book alone. There was another coupon (loose) in the book for another bag free if you purchased 2 T-shirts or $10. I got the 2 T's for 2 of my granddaughters and they love the shirts. Also got a free ring, a free message in a bottle with just the purchase of the 2 T's.

Other coupons for free stuff are either very nice or not worth the effort but on the whole, the book is well worth the price.

Unfortunately, mine expires Nov. 30th so now I am plotting another cruise before that date. Coupons are mainly for the Caribbean but also for the Mexican Riviera.

Not Europe or Asia or other places.

You will end up with plenty of earrings. Oh, yes, they have 'some' free coupons for the stuff in the book but not many. There are maps in the book and other information. I feel I got my $20 worth - and then some.

Archived