Adventure Ocean Staff and Tipping

We are about to cruise for 9 nights on the Enchantment with our kids (8 year olds). We anticipate that we will use the Adventure Ocean program quite a bit and wanted to see what people normally tip the staff.:confused:

I believe we tipped them something that worked out to about $10 per person. There were a lot of staff and it was impossible to keep straight who was in which room (I have 2 kids in different rooms) so we just put in a lump sum amount and figured they could divide it up amongst themselves. I also made a point of sending in a comment/survey which praised the staff and the program. One of the staff told me that was worth a lot to them and their status within RCI. Who knows what makes sense. All I know was that as we disembarked both my kids ran up to the AO staff and gave them big hugs. I would be curious what others do re tipping as I just sort of made it up.

Bob

We did not use it the first week of our cruise as it was a family cruise and they stayed with friend and relatives. The second wek they went to AO and we gave the staff $50.00 to split up. We would have giving more but the one who was taking care of one of them the most was let go at the last port (something about theft).

Archived