Questions about Gumbalimba Park

sp29488

We are booked on Carnival's Pirates, Birds, and Monkeys excurison. Our tour time is 2:15-4:45pm. I thought I read somewhere that the park closes at 4:00pm. If this is correct, then how can they say our excursion ends at 4:45? Even with the travel time of 20mins. or so wouldn't we still be in the park at 4:00? Also, I read a review about the monkeys on this tour going after anything like your purse, backpack, etc. They said to leave it at the entrance. I'm not comfortable leaving our things with someone we don't know. If you've been on this tour, is this correct? Just trying to prepare if this is the case. Thanks for any help. Oh also, if we don't intend to swim do we need the biodegradeable sunscreen?

Thanks for any and all help.

Let me give you one caveat in booking this excursion from lessons learned when I did the Jolly Rogers Catamaran and Gumbalinda Park. The later the afternoon gets, the chances of a decent monkey experince plummets because the monkeys go off to sleep. We only saw one adult monkey because he was chained up due to bad behaviour with the tourists and a baby monkey they were working on socializing. We kept asking where are all the monkeys? and were told that they were off sleeping. If it were not for the fact that two monkeys were literally held hostage we would not have seen even one monkey. If you do the Pirates, Birds and Monkey excursion insist upon going straight to the monkeys as soon as you arrive. The pirate part was cheesey by the birds were ok.

Let me give you one caveat in booking this excursion from lessons learned when I did the Jolly Rogers Catamaran and Gumbalinda Park. The later the afternoon gets, the chances of a decent monkey experince plummets because the monkeys go off to sleep. We only saw one adult monkey because he was chained up due to bad behaviour with the tourists and a baby monkey they were working on socializing. We kept asking where are all the monkeys? and were told that they were off sleeping. If it were not for the fact that two monkeys were literally held hostage we would not have seen even one monkey. If you do the Pirates, Birds and Monkey excursion insist upon going straight to the monkeys as soon as you arrive. The pirate part was cheesey by the birds were ok.

I forgot to tell you that for a buck or two you can rent a locker to put your belongings.

Archived