Train from Amsterdam to Brussels

My husband and I will be finishing a cruise in Amsterdam and heading to Brussels. I can find information online about Thalys high-speed trains, but nothing about any others. Is Thalys the only choice between these two cities by train? Do any of the trains go directly to Brussels airport? Thanks much!

My husband and I will be finishing a cruise in Amsterdam and heading to Brussels. I can find information online about Thalys high-speed trains, but nothing about any others. Is Thalys the only choice between these two cities by train? Do any of the trains go directly to Brussels airport? Thanks much!

There are two train choices, Thalys or the InterCity train. Thalys is approx. 50 minutes faster, requires reservations and advance purchase and is more expensive. The Intercity train tickets can be purchased on the day of travel. Believe cheapest Intercity ticket costs 14.50 euros.

Brussels has 3 main train stops, Midi, Centraal and Noord (Noord is by the airport). The Thalys trains stop only at Midi station in Brussels. The InterCity trains stop at Centraal station. It's only 2 stops from Midi to Noord station (by airport), and only 1 stop from Centraal to Noord station by a local train ( about 5 min. ride).

Last May, we flew to Brussels and travelled both on local trains (to Brugge) and also on a Thalys train to Germany. All trains were punctual and very easy to use.

Suggest you also do a search on Tripadvisor - lots of useful advice.

Archived