To Those on the June 29th Regatta to Alaska Sailing

Wannaknow

I was on that cruise and am curious what you thought of the Naturalist - Dr. David Nordlander (spelling?)? Our group found him to be knowledgeable (insofar as we knew), but not particularly "interesting" for want of a better word.

I was on that cruise and am curious what you thought of the Naturalist - Dr. David Nordlander (spelling?)? Our group found him to be knowledgeable (insofar as we knew), but not particularly "interesting" for want of a better word.

We attended one of his lectures, and I'm afraid I did not stay awake long enough to form an opinion. I was getting plenty of sleep otherwise, so I didn't attend any others.

We did not attend any of his lectures in person, but did occasionally listen to them on the stateroom TV. Some of the topics were of more interest to us than others, but we did not feel we were "missing" anything when we changed the channel.

However - it would have been nice to be able to hear his commentary as we sailed through College Fjord. We, along with many others, were out on decks 10 and 11 taking pictures but the port-side speakers were not loud enough to be of any benefit, especially given the caps, hoodies and rain gear we were wearing.

Best regards to all our CC friends on that sailing. It was a great experience!

We attended one of his lectures, and I'm afraid I did not stay awake long enough to form an opinion. I was getting plenty of sleep otherwise, so I didn't attend any others.

Not exactly a rousing endorsement .............. Maybe I'm glad we had to cancel the August 14th sailing ...

Oh dear, that was the experience of one of our friends!

We did not attend any of his lectures in person, but did occasionally listen to them on the stateroom TV. Some of the topics were of more interest to us than others, but we did not feel we were "missing" anything when we changed the channel.

However - it would have been nice to be able to hear his commentary as we sailed through College Fjord. We, along with many others, were out on decks 10 and 11 taking pictures but the port-side speakers were not loud enough to be of any benefit, especially given the caps, hoodies and rain gear we were wearing.

Best regards to all our CC friends on that sailing. It was a great experience!

Hi Marsha, we did not make it to the roll-call meeting due to late arrival and missing suitcase. Sorry to have missed everyone. Spent the cruise wondering if everyone we saw was one of the roll-call people. Loved the cruise and loved Alaska. True we could not hear any of the comments during College Fjord sail - really a shame.

Whoa! I thought that Dr N's commentary through the College Fjords was just wonderful. I attended one of his lectures & enjoyed it very much - but geology + weather is not all that compelling under any circumstances. None of the lecture subjects interested me regardless of the lecturer - so I couldn't praise or condemn him one way or the other.

To me - virtually everything connected with Alaska - as an academic subject whether it was sociological or historical or geographical or whatever - was a snooze. I so wish it had been otherwise. My husband loved it all, but I was bored rigid.

We thought that Dr N was absolutely fine & enjoyed his lectures as we traversed the fjords.

The more in-depth lectures were there for everybody to enjoy or ignore.

I am not sure whether you're trying to make Dr N's an issue - but you won't find food for a fight in that regard in us. We enjoyed his lectures & thought he greatly enhanced our experience in Alaska.

We thought that Dr N was absolutely fine & enjoyed his lectures as we traversed the fjords.

The more in-depth lectures were there for everybody to enjoy or ignore.

I am not sure whether you're trying to make Dr N's an issue - but you won't find food for a fight in that regard in us. We enjoyed his lectures & thought he greatly enhanced our experience in Alaska.

Of course I'm not looking for "food for a fight." Why would you even think that.:confused:

Archived