snuba

1skier1

has anyone done snuba in st thomas. we will be on constellation in two weeks and were considering the snuba in st thomas through the ship excursion. any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated..thx

My husband and I did the snuba there 4 years ago. We both loved it. We've snuba'd else where too but St Thomas was by far the best. You walk out from the shore at a natural marine park. There is beautiful coral and plenty of wildlife. We even saw a couple nurse sharks (They wont bother you). We spent about 40 minutes in the water about 10-25 feet deep. Well worth it...we loved it so much we're getting scuba certified this year. Most people wouldnt realise it but snuba is much easier than snorkling. You almost never get any water in your mouth, its very calm under the wavy surface so there is no chance of motion sickness....and if someone is not comfortable diving down deep its ok to float at the surface. Have fun! I'd love to be back there!

I wanted to snuba but didn't! darn it!

When I was looking into it I found a Snuba operator on the Coral World web site that offers snuba at Coki Beach in St. Thomas or (can't remember which beach) in St. John.

Their rates are cheaper than the ship's excursion, but you'll have to do the math because of course the ship provides transport to the snuba location.

Can't remember if it was the snorkel company or the snuba company, but one of them said they pick you up at the pier, but then you're on your own for transport back to the ship afterward.

Have a great time on your cruise!

Debbi

Archived