Cash S&S account

This question is probably not worth asking but....I assume that if you are using cash for your S&S account that you can not book excursions prior to the cruise. If so those would have to be paid with a credit card. Correct?

If you purchase an excursion before the cruise begins, you have to give them a credit card #. There's no way to make that transaction with cash while on the phone or online.

I guessed that. I didn't know if the card was used to hold the spot only that they may allow you to reserve the spot and then pay after boarding the ship but I can see where that would be way to involved.

If you book excursions in advance the total of them are added to the balance you owe. Maybe try using a TA. They may allow you to pay them in cash...

If you have a debit card linked to your checking account you can use that just like a credit card, only the money comes directly from your checking instead of being charged to a card for later payment. Kinda like 'electronic cash'. lol! My entire cruise has been paid for with my debit card. Ahhh, pre-paid in 'cash' and no bills to face when I get home! :D

I guessed that. I didn't know if the card was used to hold the spot only that they may allow you to reserve the spot and then pay after boarding the ship but I can see where that would be way to involved.

Makes sense. Yeah, when you book an excursion in advance you are actually paying for it in advance too. It's not just holding a spot for you.

You can however wait to book the excursion when your on the ship, then use your S&S account to pay it. (so your still paying cash for it, no bills)

We too always use cash for our accounts and use our debit (cash) card for everything else, no credit cards for us.

We've never had a problem with an excursion being booked... yet anyway:eek:

This question is probably not worth asking but....I assume that if you are using cash for your S&S account that you can not book excursions prior to the cruise. If so those would have to be paid with a credit card. Correct?

You can prepay for your excursions using a credit card or debit card, and once you get on board just let them know you wish to use cash for your obc.

Archived