Stingray Encounter & Turtle Swim?

Vigorosity

Has anyone done this tour through Carnival? It's $75.95. I really want to see the turtles and the stingrays. In this excursion, you also get to snorkel with the turtles, not just hold them.

But there is also a cheaper excursion, Discover Cayman – Stingrays, Hell & Turtle Farm for $64.95.

Has anyone done either of these through? Could you tell me about them?

• 5 months later...

My family and I independently booked an island tour that included Stingray City, Hell and the Turtle Farm. Stingray City was truly the high point of the tour. Hell is a short stop where you get to go into a store to buy items that say you have been to hell or mail a postcard from hell. Otherwise you see what appears to be volcanic rock that caused the city to be called hell. The turtle farm is also enjoyable as you get to see and touch a variety of turtles. We were given some time, not necessarily ample, to walk around the turtle farm. For your first time in the Cayman Islands, I would recommend the tour. We had about an hour left when we got back to the pier to do some shopping.

I did "stingrays and turtles" March '11 booked through Carnival on the Liberty. The price was about 75 dollars at that time also. It was really awesome. The stingrays were neat. I recommend taking an underwater camera. The boat takes you out to the sandbar which is waist deep and higher, depending on waves. You have free time to swim/pet the stingrays. The ship guy helps wrangle a stingray for you to hold and kiss. At the turtle farm you can eat turtle burgers,etc and hold small and baby sized turtles. My boyfriend tried the turtle burger and turtle stew. I had fried conch. He says the burger was good... We did not get the chance to swim with the turtles as we ran short on time. I am planning on doing this one again this coming March 2012 on the Liberty again. Hopefully will have time to swim with the turtles this time around. The lack of time and not taking enough photos were my two big regrets. We are booking all excursions through Carnival..I just like the security of knowing that if things run late,etc, that they know where to find us and not take off without us!

100_0064.jpg.3dbf7313fc3da6e80e2cf10f79ff87aa.jpg

100_0015.jpg.4037c7a6d534903e3def4dffa5656a62.jpg

100_0023.jpg.7168b7eb84e59ba713e09d2dba36d28d.jpg

300a.jpg.cdd88eec53a0bf45bbcc6c975aede318.jpg

Going on Carnival Glory in April and can't decide whether to do SC through the ship or with a private onshore company. I have heard the ship's excursion gets very crowded and doesn't really spend a lot of time in the water. Does anyone have any experience with a private tour of SC?

Going on Carnival Glory in April and can't decide whether to do SC through the ship or with a private onshore company. I have heard the ship's excursion gets very crowded and doesn't really spend a lot of time in the water. Does anyone have any experience with a private tour of SC?

I am wondering the same thing and someone in another thread posted this website nativewaywatersports.com ...I am in the process of checking them out! If you find anything, let us know!

• 4 weeks later...

Went with Native Way last year in March. Was able to join a group via the Role Call for our cruise and got a great group rate. The boats the cruise excursions brought were HUGE and way too crowded for me. I really prefer the personal attention of a smaller group.

Archived