Cave Tubing dot com ?????

butterfly2

Do they give everyone life jackets? My MIL and FIL would feel more comfortable as they do not swim. Is the hike to the tubing area really far? Is it a difficult walk? Do they give you helmet lites to wear? If it gets really shallow does the guide help you get moving again? Is the water really cold?

Thanks

Do they give everyone life jackets? My MIL and FIL would feel more comfortable as they do not swim. Is the hike to the tubing area really far? Is it a difficult walk? Do they give you helmet lites to wear? If it gets really shallow does the guide help you get moving again? Is the water really cold?

Thanks

everyone has their own life jacket, head light and tube they have to carry from the starting point to the place where you get in the water, it is a 30 minute walk on loose rock and beside the river, not that easy but not that hard either, they take their time and slow down if needed. they break up the groups into smaller groups so the guide can help who needs help. the guide tells you how to stay moving and helps where needed. the water feels cold but that because it is hot, really dont know the temp.of it.

We'll be doing the cave tubing with them next Wednesday (7/27)....I'm sure everyone gets the life vest...not sure about the lights. From what i've read the water is chilly but refreshing because of the heat. What i'd like to know is if any food is provided by cave_tubing dot com....and is there anyplace to store valuables during the rafting. If anyone knows.....we'd appreciate your input! ;)

We used them in April. They were fantastic! We were worried about what to do with our valuables also. We only brought what we really needed and brought those around the neck waterproof holders for stuff. Turns out, you can leave it all on the bus. They "guarantee" all of it will be there when you return. They lock the bus at the drop off point and no one gets on. Only you can decide if you are comfortable with this. I was wary, but we did it. As for food, on the return trip, you stop at the place where the ATV folks get dropped off for a yummy meal of homemade tamales. They were delicious! You can purchase sodas (in the old style glass bottles, my kids thought that was cool!) We had a great experience with them. I hope you will too. It is totally a family run business and your experience is their complete livelihood. They want you safe and happy to give them word of mouth reviews. The walk was not bad at all. Just before crossing the river you stop and can swim or jump off a high rock area into the river. Then the walk continues. The guides will come along asking (mostly the women) if you want them to carry the tubes. Definitely wear water shoes or sandals that are strapped on. The water was not cold and we were there in April. But then again, we swim at the beach in Maine, so I may not be a good judge of this! They pull you along most of the way, I think we were 5 together and the guide pulled us most of the way and they yell "butts up" when it gets shallow. (You can buy their shirts with this on it at the food stop). I'll try to check back here if you have any more questions, let me know. I know you will enjoy it, the only drawbacks will be the probable heat and getting back to the dock cutting it pretty close. I think last tender was 4 and we got back at 3:15 or 3:30, so no time to shop, or not much anyway. ENJOY!!

Archived