Cabot Trail in early September

There is less likely hood of fog in September, but it is still fairly common. If the air is warmer than the water, it will pick up moisture (fog). If it is a sunny day that will dissipate quite quickly. The water is its warmest and the air is starting to cool off in September.

Are you sure you want this excursion, which shows you only part of the Cabot Trail (not the best in my opinion, and then wastes time with shopping and lunch?

Far better would be to go to Louisbourg or to Baddeck and Iona (Bell Museum and Highland Village).

Many people rent a car. If you do a search you will find many, many previous posts.

Maryann - I didn't realize the excursion was going to include shopping ... can you elaborate??? Nothing in the HAL's excursion description mentions stops for shopping. I am definitely not interested in browsing, or shopping ... that's the last thing husband and I would do on a vacation ... just not our cup of tea. The fort sounds very nice but we were looking for something different as we have seen and toured numerous forts in the past in different places ... we prefer to have a tour guide, but being just the 2 of use, the private tour companies that I have found are a little bit expensive considering we won't be splitting the cost with a group. Any other suggestions?? Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived