Pride of America Bed Size

krkheffe

My husband and I and 4 other family members will be on the NCL Pride of America cruise Dec. 3-10, 2011. I have been on 1 other cruise through Carnival Cruise Line. On that cruise, the beds were 2 twin size beds that we pushed together.

I don't know if we are the only ones to have this trouble, but the beds kept moving apart during the night to where you would fall into the abyss...or that is what we called it.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the beds on the POA were the same? Maybe it depends on what room you are in. My SIS in law actually booked this cruise and the papers say we will be in Category/Stateroom: OK-OK/7072, and then 2 other rooms nearby. I am sure it is not a fancy room and has no balcony or extra anything.

Maybe some others know what this means and about the beds? I am thinking maybe taking bungee type cords and maybe we can bungee them together....I know that sounds wierd but it is better than falling into the crater that happens when 2 twins are pushed together.

Ay help is appreciated!! Thanks!

You are in an obstructed view ocean view stateroom. It is located behind a lifeboat on deck 7. The bed situation has never been an issue for us. whatever they do when putting the beds together, we have never had them come apart or move. Don't think you will need bungee cords. Enjoy your cruise.:D

After almost 40 cruises I can say we only had the "chasm" situation once and the steward explained he forgot to lock them together. Once he was aware he slid a latch and the legs were locked together. Maybe this was the problem before.

If it does happen let the steward know. We were on the PoA two years ago without problem and will be sailing her again in September.

Enjoy!

I have been on many cruises where the 2 double beds were pushed together, but don't remember that ever happening to me. Maybe the weather was extra rough on your last cruise and there was a lot of rolling and pitching?

I wonder if you can put the bed tables on one or both sides of the beds, to sort of wedge the beds together.

In any case, My wife and I will also be on the PoA 12/3 Cruise. We just booked it. See you in December!

You are in an obstructed view ocean view stateroom. It is located behind a lifeboat on deck 7. The bed situation has never been an issue for us. whatever they do when putting the beds together, we have never had them come apart or move. Don't think you will need bungee cords. Enjoy your cruise.:D

Thanks for the info...is there a map of the ship that shows all the info you just gave me? I appreciate the help. I was pretty sure that we would be on deck 7 but the OK thing I didn't know what meant.

I have been on many cruises where the 2 double beds were pushed together, but don't remember that ever happening to me. Maybe the weather was extra rough on your last cruise and there was a lot of rolling and pitching?

I wonder if you can put the bed tables on one or both sides of the beds, to sort of wedge the beds together.

In any case, My wife and I will also be on the PoA 12/3 Cruise. We just booked it. See you in December!

I am not sure what happened with the beds. We were on our honeymoon...maybe that had something to do with it...hahaha. I thought maybe we were just put into a 2 twin room and other rooms actually had one bed.

Thanks for the info...is there a map of the ship that shows all the info you just gave me? I appreciate the help. I was pretty sure that we would be on deck 7 but the OK thing I didn't know what meant.

The deck plans for the POA are here:

http://www2.ncl.com/cruise-ship/pride_amer/decks/2/8#tab_detail

There are 2 beds but they lock them together and they shouldn't come apart. Have a great cruise!

Thanks! I guess we just didn't know and didn't think to ask the steward...not sure why but we were so busy we just thought that is the way they always are!

Thanks...I guess I just didn't know those big oval things were lifeboats. Do you know what OK stands for? Just wondering.

Ooops...nevermind. I just figured it out. Click around long enough and I learn something I guess. Thanks!

Archived