Carseat in Europe

CINCYGAL

Hi, We are going on a Med cruise . I will be with my 5 and 7 DD. I would like to ask if I need to bring their booster seats with me to Europe for shore excursion. Also, before the cruise we will be staying in Tuscany for a few days . We will be doing a private tour and will be riding a private tour bus. No public transporatation will be used. thank you.

Car seats are required by law in most countries of Europe but on buses and taxis they are not compulsory. They have to be of the europian standard and some US models do not meet this standard. If you're just going on bus tours you'll be fine. If u hire a car make sure they have car seats to hire.

Are they in high backs or backless boosters? The one question I would ask your tour company is if there are seatbelts and if they are lap only or lap/shoulder belts. Boosters can not be used with lap only belts, which is what many buses have (if there are seat belts at all.)

If you are unsure and don't want to end up having to carry/store big boosters, you can always invest in something like the Bubble Bum or the Ride Safer Travel vest. Both of which are small, have passed all of the US tests for safety (the bubble bum passed the EU test as well), and can fold up into backpack.

Archived