CCL Barrier Reef Snorkel with Beach Break

cotton32563

I am thinking of booking this excursion through Carnival for our Sept cruise. Hoping someone has done this recently that can answer a couple of questions. Do you board the catamaran directly from the ship? Do they drop you off for snorkeling in deep water or is it close to the beach?

Finally - what beach do they take you to?

Thanks in advance for your input!

When I was in Belize on the Dream, all ship run snorkel excursion picked you up at the ship and took you on the excursion, no need to tender to port. I didn't do the one with the beach break, so I can't help with those details.

My husband and chose this Carnival excursion for Belize last year. We did have to tender to get to the excursion, but it was not a big headache.

The snorkeling boat was fairly large (upper and lower decks) and they took you to the reefs to snorkel for about 45 minutes to an hour. The reefs were very nice, lots of fish and if you didn't know, Belize has the largest reef outside of the Great Barrier in the world.

After snorkeling, you were offered open bar with rum punch and beer (I think) and the crew opened some fresh pineapple and other fruits during the ride to the private beach. The ride was 10-15 minutes, not a long trip.

The private beach had water toys that you could rent, a bar, shops, hammocks for relaxing, a very nice beach and it was just a pleasant day - not crowded at all.

This turned out to be our favorite excursion from a cruise ship and we've been on 8 cruises.

Hope this helps.

We sail in January 2012 and normally Belize is a "stay on the ship" day for us.

However, we love the water and are considering the CCL snorkeling excursion that leaves right from the ship, no tender required.

The excursion is only 3.5 hrs and leaves early in the morning, so figure we'd be back on the ship by lunch time.

Has anyone done this excursion lately, I am more interested in the quality of the snorkeling spots you go to and actual time in the water snorkeling.

Thanks.

Susan

• 1 month later...
We sail in January 2012 and normally Belize is a "stay on the ship" day for us.

However, we love the water and are considering the CCL snorkeling excursion that leaves right from the ship, no tender required.

The excursion is only 3.5 hrs and leaves early in the morning, so figure we'd be back on the ship by lunch time.

Has anyone done this excursion lately, I am more interested in the quality of the snorkeling spots you go to and actual time in the water snorkeling.

Thanks.

Susan

We took the Goff's Caye snorkel excursion. They pick you up at the ship and it's about a 30 min drive over to the island. Small area with a dock, some huts, BBQ and bathrooms. Snorkeling was amazing. The guides were right there with you and were great in showing items on the reef.

We were back in time for lunch on ship. did this excursion twice. Real nice. :)

It is my understanding that there are 2 or 3 snorkel excursions that leave right from the ship, Geoff's Cay being one and the other, not sure of the name, but it includes complementary rum punch.

Is there a reason you chose Geoff's Cay over the other snorkel excursion?

Thanks

Susan

Just did the CCL Barrier Reef Snorkel with Beach Break a few weeks ago while on the Legend. We did leave directly from the ship. I really enjoyed this excursion The snorkeling was okay (Grand Cayman was better) but Bannister Island was wonderful!

Rum punch was good. The boat ride was fun. We had fun dancing on the top deck of the boat on the way back to the ship.

I think we were back to the ship about 12:30 or so(?). I know when we came back we had time to eat some lunch then take the tender over to the port to do some shopping.

Here's some pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15169533@N06/sets/72157627637770863/

WOW thanks for the great pictures Jen.

That pretty much seals the deal for me. All the times we have been to Belize we have never been on an excursion but this one looks like it is right up our alley.

We have watched the excursions leave from the ship and they look like fun and we love to snorkel,

We did the Fury snorkel and party via Carnival in Cozumel one year and it was so much fun, snorkel, swim, drink, dance...heck we were even late returning to the ship, but because we were on a Carnival excursion they waited for us. The last person got on board and we pulled out!

Thanks so much!

Susan

Thanks for all of the wonderful information on the barrier reef excursion. We leave on the Dream this Saturday (10/1) and have already booked this excursion. Have only been to Belize once before and had the same excursion cancelled because of rough waters. Hopefully we can do it this time as we were not interested in doing anything else in Belieze

We did Goffs Caye earlier this spring. The little island was great but the water was too rough for me to snorkel on the reef ... people that came out said they nearly drowned! I did discover some amazing snorkeling right off the beach so that saved my day and made for a great excursion. The boat ride out there and back however, ate up too much of our excursion time. Felt like we barely got out there and had to come back. We did not have to tender ... the tour picked up at the ship.

We had enough time to get a tender into town for a YUM authentic meal!

For some reason, I don't see Goffs Caye offered on the Carnival excursions anymore?!!

We'll do the beach break/snorkel tour they offer on our next one ... so anyone going on that one - please come back with your comments!

Have fun ... holding our breath until we can sail again!

• 2 weeks later...

Gofs Caye has been cancelled off the excursion list. We are considering doing the Barrier Reef/snorkel trip, but also are thinking about having a rest day on board a quiet ship while everyone else is ashore. We have Cozumel, Roatan and Grand Cayman as excursion days, so maybe Belize we will hang out on ship and enjoy it:o

Gofs Caye has been cancelled off the excursion list. We are considering doing the Barrier Reef/snorkel trip, but also are thinking about having a rest day on board a quiet ship while everyone else is ashore. We have Cozumel, Roatan and Grand Cayman as excursion days, so maybe Belize we will hang out on ship and enjoy it:o

\there is amazing snorkeling in Roatan..... right from Tabayana Beach... you will love it!

Gofs Caye has been cancelled off the excursion list.

Does anyone know why Carnival cancelled all Goff Caye excursions? We were thinking of doing that with the ship for our upcoming cruise in November, but now may have to book it through Island Marketing, but I'm worried is it something at Goff's Caye or just that Carnival wants to do away with it?

We did Goffs Caye earlier this spring. The little island was great but the water was too rough for me to snorkel on the reef ... people that came out said they nearly drowned! I did discover some amazing snorkeling right off the beach so that saved my day and made for a great excursion. The boat ride out there and back however, ate up too much of our excursion time. Felt like we barely got out there and had to come back. We did not have to tender ... the tour picked up at the ship.

We had enough time to get a tender into town for a YUM authentic meal!

For some reason, I don't see Goffs Caye offered on the Carnival excursions anymore?!!

We'll do the beach break/snorkel tour they offer on our next one ... so anyone going on that one - please come back with your comments!

Have fun ... holding our breath until we can sail again!

Where did you eat? Do you remember the name, I would love to try some! Thanks in advance!

Archived